Staying alive better in cat over bear

My plan was to quest as a bear all the way up but when I got cat i switched because I wanted fast running. I found im having a much easier time. As bear im killing so slowly that im about halfway health by the time they die. In cat form its killing so fast that in typically 3/4 full health. obviously bear has more protection so i can take more enemies for longer, but i need to have someone with me to help kill. I don’t with my cat form. Essentially even if i have 2 or 3 enemies on me im going to die either way, cat or bear
Either way im having a blast but want to see if it is this way For others

2 Likes

Ya pretty simple. The faster you kill something, the less damage it will do to you.

Loving my druid so far.

2 Likes

that’s my next toon after the warrior. tauren druid. the cat form just looks so fun.

Bear is good for multiple mobs, cat for single target. In classic druids are a true hybrid so dont be afraid to use all abilities for the situation, i.e. elementals are immune to bleeds so cat form loses dps. In this case use bear or ranged spells depending. I would also recommend macros to pop heals in form and switch between cat/bear without having to come out of shapeshift, it really speeds up the grinding. If anyone wants these i can post them.

5 Likes

I would love those macros. Im constantly hitting buttons and it says you cant use that shape shifted

2 Likes

Personally I prefer bear over cat. I like it in case I accidentally pull too much or extra mobs aggro while fighting. I always thought my dmg was pretty good as a bear also.

Bear form-This casts bear form from cat form or travel form
#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast Bear Form

Cat form-casts cat form from bear
#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast Cat Form

Healing from form-These macros will cast healing from whatever form your in if you dont have a player moused over, if you do have a player moused over it will cast the heal/buff on them. Just replace Healing Touch with whatever heals/buffs you want, i have a macro for each heal, thorns MotW, etc.
#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@player] Healing Touch

Moonfire-I use this to pull mobs while tanking in bear form,
#showtooltip
/cancelform
/castsequence Moonfire, Bear Form

7 Likes

How about when in cat form if you want to use faere fire first to reduce armor. When you get back to cat form you have no energy. Is it better to just stay as cat and not use it

It would be dependent on the situation, i use the Moonfire macro with Faeire fire as well for now for pulls but spec’d into the feral tree you eventually get faeire fire thats castable from bear/cat making the balance version useless unless youre casting

1 Like

Cat I believe would be quicker with bear as backup.

Back in Vanilla days I leveled as full resto. That was brutal, but I didn’t know any better.

If you are not in cat already then faerie fire is worth.

But if you’re already in cat, popping out to faerie fire is a waste imo

1 Like

God yes,

One thing they messed up on normal wow was not allowing us to pick our own talents, and then nerfing feral combo points, and removing our builder skill.

I just got to level 21, and I missed playing feral kitty the way I used to right before I think it was legion when they nerfed the crap out of them.

I believe you can put talents into +40 energy every time you go into cat form.

100% chance to gain 40 energy.

Question about Macros: Can I transfer my macros from normal wow to wow classic or are the commands different (I know the skill names are, but the base commands is what I’m asking)

Yeah it’s called furor, in the first line of resto tree. Definitely worth to pickup sometime.

Most of them should work, except focus target commands.

For the most part they can transfer, the biggest difference between classic and retail macros comes down to what is on the global cooldown.

Cool thx, I don’t use focus target just use macros for skill combinations due to limited toolbar space.

So delay timers need to be adjusted. I did notice the GCD.

Yeah at 32 I currently have every ability macrod.

Every non bear or cat form spell has a /cancelform macro attached.

And most bear/cat abilities have /startattack in it.

1 Like