Stay Kyrian or start Venthyr?

Hey all just needing some feedback to be a better player.

Currently running Kyrian because I was going to main spec Prot but ended up going MS Arms/Fury. I still tank for friends and what not but mainly a DPS now. I’m not CE but would like at least Heroic raid and KSM to feel good.

Should I redo covenants and go Venthyr or is Kyrian fine and worth keeping in case I start tanking again.

Thanks all.

Do some research before switching because both covenants are good. I don’t know which one excels with prot, but I don’t think it’s Venthyr.

Any of the covenants can accomplish those goals. If you’re DPS in M+ Kyrian is better than Venthyr, the same can be said about tanking.
Right now, 3/4 are all very capable, and with the Necrolord rework patch, all 4 will be very capable.

2 Likes

Mythic +, 3v3 - Kyrian
Raiding, 2v2 - Venthry

1 Like

Rated BG’s = Kyrian as well, or is the increase in up time from Venthyr better in BG’s?

I would wait until 9.0.5 before making any swaps to see what they do with the covenants.

Not to be contrary to the other advice given in this thread ( though it is quite sound advice) I have a bit of a different take.

I would recommend you go with the faction you feel most connected to. Aesthetically, musically, quest wise. (Whatever it is that draws you)

You say you want your covenant choice to help you be better. I would argue each of the covenants are purely a net positive gain. Your pick doesn’t account into your skill as a player.

The most important thing is to focus on your core gameplay. Your rotation, your game sense, paying attention to mechanics. These are all completely separate from the decision you’re focusing on.

I was venthyr, but I didn’t enjoy the look of the armor on my character. I think I did good damage but I wasn’t having nearly as much fun. I swapped to night Fae. And I am having a blast. I love the armor, the ability hits like a truck. I “feel” like I’m playing better. My experience is better because I’m leaning into what I like.

Whether or not I am 8 or so percent below a sim is inconsequential. I’m not a mythic raider, I’m doing decent content and kicking butt. I’m having fun. that is the most important part.

If you’re having fun with the spear, stick to it. If you think venthyr sounds fun, go for it. Necrolord sounds cool? Good luck, it’s getting a buff so that’s nice. My point is ultimately you are the only person who can say what you like, what’s fun for you . That’s what’s most important.

4 Likes

I would stick with Venthyr if you’re raiding. It’s fine for Mythic+, and I got KSM using it. I don’t do PvP, but some extremely high rated players have climbed using Venthyr.

You can do all forms of content as kyrian. Phial and spear are amazing in all content. Heroic raiding doesn’t need condemn or any other optimization and CE should be achievable with a competent guild/group with good gear. Best of luck, play what’s fun.