State of the Mage is down bad

That’s the primary concern. Every week that passes by frost continues to drop. This means that it’s scaling is all screwed up bc the spec isn’t receiving the proper portional gain from stats like other specs. This can be seen in our two primary stats: crit/haste. Once you reach 970 crit and haste then you move on to vers then mast. So I can see how once frost mages reach 970 on each crit and haste, then the scaling on the spec is going to diminish bc vers and mast isn’t worth as much per 1 dps.

But then if you look at fire, it takes 1200 haste before another stat takes over, so the scaling is so much better. You don’t hit the limit on your top two stats like on frost.

2 Likes

Well if they hadn’t ruined frost by tying EVERYTHING this expansion into Thermal Void we might have stood a chance. Who would have predicted trying to boost up the weakest DPS CD in the game would have turned out poorly lol.

Guess they didn’t learn their lesson when they tied Arcane into Quickening in Legion, removed it before the end of the first tier, and then Arcane was left in an abysmal state for the rest of the expansion.

1 Like

Exactly.

Ivy veins is the worst CD in the game. Honestly, if they just baked it into the spec the playstyle would feel 10x better. I mean, that’s the entire point of the spec is keeping IV up 100% of the time. Without IV up, the specs dmg is absolutely horrible.
They never should have removed the cdr on aoe. Just bc some .001% streamer can manipulate the spec and hand pick tanks to pull around frost’s strengths doesn’t mean the spec is OP. At least the spec would be good at something.

2 Likes

This is exactly true. When ImFiredup went into NW with just a tank he did like 100k and had 6-7 orbs on a multi pack. Actually looking back on it ,his numbers were actually awful considering he was the only dps and he had the 4 set. I can name 4 classes that would have been over 200k in that scenario. But… It’s done now. Imfiredup doesn’t like frost anyways. So… Jokes on us.

this is the stupid PTR video.

Exactly.

He did it to get frost nerfed, and like always, blizz listened to him and now we are looking at being a bottom dweller again. But thats what blizz does. They just watch streamer videos all day and nerf accordingly. Then they go copy/paste dragons from cata.

Is that why they did it?

Makes sense: the little scrub has a face you’d want to faceplant with a backhand.

3 Likes

Pretty much all streamers do. That smug little narcissistic look of “lulz I am betterer than you”. Sadly, idiots keep watching them and throwing money at them.

2 Likes