State of the ladder: S2 participation is around a third of what it was in Season 1

luduslabs . org/sotl/season-2-begins

only 7.3% had played at least one 2v2 game, 4.6% had played at least one 3v3 game, and 3.3% had played at least one RBG game. 9.0% of characters had engaged in at least one game of rated PvP (2v2, 3v3, or RBG).

These stats make me sad

17 Likes

No surprise, pve playerbase is gone outside of the first week for race to world first guilds.

Honor gear is completely useless.

Hopefully tokens and profits completely plummet to force changes.

36 Likes

By the time I’m done with my daily and weekly chores, I’m so burnt out I don’t even care about pushing rating or much less suffering through LFG to find people.

No surprise participation is down.

27 Likes

Last season was an anomaly that will probably never happen again

besides the first season of an expansion always being hype, everyone was stuck at home during covid lockdowns

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry. This has more to do with the fact that last season was one of WoW’s most popular season for PVP.

So yeah, the only place to go from those heights is down – but that isn’t cause for worry.

1 Like

Is there any second of any day, when you aren’t being a useless tool bag and shill? Serious question

36 Likes

What’s worse than Bloomsday imo is there are people in this world whose job it is to moderate these forums and they can’t actually discern it’s a troll account. Imagine being that naïve and bad at your job.

35 Likes

buddy the 1st season of a new xpac beating the lowest seasons of the prior xpac isn’t impressive at all

also stop eating PR lines like they are the entire truth

5 Likes

Yeah everyone was pumped they brought back PVP vendors and they ruined it by making it pointless for the casuals.

Sadge.

19 Likes

Cause people were hopeful the game wouldn’t suck again and once they realized it still does they moved on.

10 Likes

Is there though? I thought that was part of the 800 crew that got laid off during record profits? I thought it was 99% automated now?

I think for most of us the lack of suprise has the sadness dulled. Though I know I got into argument with someone who said participation would be fine this season and the only reason last season died was the MMR nerf.

It was probably the troll everyone feeds enough to keep alive. We really should starve it to death.

1 Like

Nah, if it was automated people like Bloomsday and Dozer would be permabanned. There is definitely a mod reading the reports and then not acting on them.

5 Likes

I’ve received numerous bans and had multiple posts deleted within the last couple of months. All due to things I would consider minor compared to the incessant trolling from posters who do it for the sole purpose of trying to upset others. I get a warning saying my post is awaiting review then an action is taken. Definitely people looking over this stuff. The issue is they’re probably all foreign and miss the context clues due to English not being their native language.

10 Likes

All 100% true. Has happened to me too. Makes sense honestly.

1 Like

Don’t be angry at Bloomsday ‘he’ is just trying to pass the touring test.

1 Like

Top of the ladder seems pretty dead, seems like they’re barely queueing

nobody is playing yeah

but participation last season was increased by probably triple because pvp gear was so obscenely strong in pve

4 Likes

I’m having no issues getting decent que times, are we sure this data is accurate?

You’re late, Bloomsday already rattled the thread more than your infant trolling can try to be faster next time.

He prob already thru his post troll :smoking: pack

And yea there was no newfound excitement for PvP amongst PvE folk, you just had an open market and easy to obtain gear with that almighty token

4 Likes

What?

What part about what I posted was “Infant trolling”? I was simply asking how accurate the data is?