State of TBC Servers > NA Alliance

It really isnt, but you cant reason with a corporate white knight, so whatever.

Do all MMOs charge for server transfers??

Probably, do I care, or are you on about whataboutism, as well as corporate white knighting?

So then my example actually fits.

You’re all crying that a company is charging you for something that literally all companies charge you for…

Do other companies also enable mega servers, after demonstrating that they would not do so in a legacy product?

2 Likes

The argument was that due to the state of things, we should all get a free opportunity at this point. Nothing has been done to prevent this, free xfers being opened to the megaservers arguably accelerated this. So yeah, everyone still holding out now is probably leaning more towards quitting than paying. The good faith offer now would be free xfers for all. One statement a month ago saying “we’re thinking about it” is no longer good enough.

If all servers were fine and dandy, yes of course. $25.

1 Like

Where has blizzard said they would not allow mega servers?

Give me a source

They didnt, they ruined TBC by not sticking with no changes.

1 Like

But you knew beforehand they weren’t sticking to no changes with TBC there were literally on record saying thal

I think those that defend the company are actually defending their time and money. I think many of us have gave this company money, lots of money over the years, now they have to balance that which they did not have at one point . I mean to go from zero money to billions, where is the money going, obviously not in the game. for example why I say this is because just from going from classic to tbc many of the same npc’s and mob’s are used over and over again and I do call that laziness and a way of reanimating nothing, zero creativity when it comes to fighting new or interesting mobs, this tells me alot and honestly I never really cared to noticed when I was young and playing through the game but it is a simple fact that this team did copy and paste many things in the first ep , look at the world too. I never played a dranei or whatever but when to their city I was shocked to see that not only there were no detail but the place is completely intolerable… I was just floored by the lack of anything, this city is the worst city ever created in any mmo. Period. I could carry on, to me the reason this game was huge was because it was user friendly for non gamers but the true gamers left the game years ago. Why am I still fighting orges and and murlocs in TBC???

Yeah, there’s literally nothing they could do, who could have foreseen.

smol indy plz halp

You are starting to see the light.

I knew if I brought you to the water you would take a sip.

Afraid not. You see, this is a BILLION dollar enterprise. Its an utter JOKE how bad they are.

No matter what they did people still wouldn’t be happy.

if they do not adjust their money and let their dev’s decide they will die… watch and see. It is the BRIGHT morning for the every gaming CEO out there, money. Meanwhile these devs want to change things and have great ideas but it is always the idiot that runs the smart ones. Watch and see though, this company will fall and he will take his money and fire all his dedicated devs and programmers. it is a matter of time. The one thing no one answered yet is why have all these dead servers just sitting…?

The damage to healthy communities has been done. You can’t get your communities back.

The damage to player trust has been done. Blizard has shown how little they care or invest in maintaining even fundamental aspects of their classic games.

It’s going to be long 2+ year wait for Riot’s MMO, but there’s reason to be hopeful.

1 Like

They’ve known about the solutions forever, they just don’t act. You need to have a dynamic character creation cap active when a server reaches a certain % of imbalance. What exactly that number is can be up to Blizzard, but somewhere in the 5-15% range tops.

If they want to also offer small incentives, or free transfers in order to get excessively imbalanced realms back into line before applying these caps, then fine, but just do it.

It’s been like 20 years.

The free transfers were nothing more than a marketing trick. They wanted to get resubs from dead realms while not actually helping populations because they still want to cash transfer checks. So they open up LOW → HIGH/FULL and have no faction restrictions what so ever. Naturally, this only made realm populations WORSE, and it didn’t really help their sub count either. They probably won’t bother to do anything else. They don’t really care about their players. We just have to hope Microsoft cleans house next year and saves these franchises.

Sooo

Blizzard’s reaction to the mass exodus from dying servers that was triggered by the Free Character Moves appears to be to release a 30% off paid character transfers for the people who weren’t on dead servers.

Is this an out of season April Fool’s joke?

1 Like

Right, some people get free transfers. Some get transfers at full price and some get a third off. Blizzard are scum. I would rather unsub then let them hold my wallet hostage.