State of shadow in SoD

how is it? Do you guys feel up to par with other ranged classes even after the DP nerf?

The nerfs are overkill but it is what it is. We are mid/mid-high table right now but will likely be dropping slowly over the course if the patch.

As other ilvl increased, we will continue to fall behind due to our poor scaling.

That’s not why we’ll fall behind at all.

Oh. So then why?

Shadow’s scaling right now, with devouring plague double dipping off haste and the strongest effective single target mastery per point in the game, is pretty good. The reason we fall off on logs over time is lots of fights have loads of superfluous aoe / pad that we just don’t really get to take part in.

The quicker adds die, the more individual specs can “corner the market” on the add damage that is still there, and the lower shadow will fall in the overall tables.

Just looking at my own stat weights as a quick sort of indicator to how we scale (Dont sim weights to tell you what gear to wear) . I’m gaining roughly 2.5 dps per point of secondary stat on average, as well as 4.3 per point of int. That isn’t low at all.

Ah. So basically Demon Hunters are gonna use our face as a launch pad.

…I… No.

Shadow just doesn’t pad, and other specs do. We’re still going to bring strong boss damage, and because our aforementioned scaling is actually quite good, we’ll likely get better at it.

" (Dont sim weights to tell you what gear to wear) . "

What do you do instead of sim’d stat weights to determine % upgrade for gear?

Sim the gear, not the stat weights.

Usually the higher item level takes priority anyway.

This. Raidbots top gear and droptimizer are fantastic tools. Stat weights still have a use (Mostly in the more sort of abstract thing of understanding “why” you want what you want, and not something most people should be looking at at all.), but you shouldn’t be using something like pawn (with or without custom weights) to evaluate your gear.

Clarification: If that item has Int. The 200 ilvl Necklace from Tazavesh simmed higher than my old 223 Neck :stuck_out_tongue:

Correct, my 226 tazavesh neck is the best one I have atm, but I have a 246 neck in bags.