Stat weight changes

I happened to check Icy Veins and they have

1. Versatility;
  2. Critical Strike = Haste;
  3. Agility;
  4. Mastery.

For Uldir it was Haste then Vers. Crit seems to have jumped back into the mix. Is this for demonic build or momentum? Or both?

I think demonic. but your stats weights should always be changing. I re-sim after every piece of gear. my current stat weights are crit 1.68 / Haste 1.44 / Verse 1.37 / Mastery 1.19. Its constantly changing. good thing im a jeweler and my main is an enchanter lol

I too sim everything. But I know in Uld it was

1. Agility
  2. Haste
  3. Vers
  4. Crit
  5. Mastery

At least in their guide.

yea it was. but now that we are getting enough haste we no longer need to push for it. plus with our traits and raid buffs haste becomes high enough organicly now. that’s why its weighted less. usually happens that way

Sim yourself, never rely on a general weight list on a site. When I first entered BoD, my weights were Vers > Agility > Crit >> Haste >> Mastery. Now, having gotten several upgrades that shuffled my stat ratios around (for example, dropping my haste to only ~1060, bumping crit to ~900, and getting a second Furious Gaze), they are Vers >= Crit = Haste > Agility >> Mastery.

You need to sim your weights regularly. I recommend at a minimum weekly, if not after every raid night (provided you got an upgrade). Generalized lists just aren’t gunna cut it, because there’s way too much variation in individual weights from your actual ratio of stats.

Ty both.
@ Xaedys I sim each new pc I get but must admit I have never simmed myself. How do I do that?

For simming yourself the easiest way is to use raidbots and either loading your character from armory or having the simc addon in WoW and copy/pasting that text into raidbots. Then if you have pawn addon you can take the stat weights that raidbots gives you and copy/paste the pawn string into that addon, so it shows in game what is an upgrade vs what isn’t (trinkets/azerite will need be simmed individually). At least thats how I do it.

In short use raidbots.

2 Likes

yea just use raidbots. my guilds discord page has raidbot right in it. its pretty darn nice. trick to raid bots is you need to log out of the game in whatever you want to sim yourself in. like don’t log out in tank spec if you want to check your dps spec… I do this way more often then I should lol. but you have to log out for the armory to update properly. so for instance when you get a new piece of gear. equip it then log out then sim at raidbots

Naw, just install the SimC addon. Then in-game, you just type /simc whilst in the spec you want to sim, and it’ll pop up a window with text that you copy-paste into Raidbots directly. This SimC addon is actually mandatory for their Top Gear feature, since Raidbots cannot otherwise see what you have in your bags or bank.

2 Likes

Yes but that is to determine what gear is an upgrade versus the other gear in your bags. How do you know when your personal stats have changed? When you need more crit vs. haste? Or to know what to go for next? My stat weights as per Raidbots is as follows:

Weapon DPS 9.79
Off Hand Weapon DPS 2.19
Agility 2.12
Haste 1.96
Critical Strike 1.94
Versatility 1.85
Mastery 1.48

So I guess my question is are there optimal numbers in each category to be a balanced sightless killing machine?

there is a stat weight section of the log that tells you what your personal stats are. I’ll run your stat weights for you as soon as I get back to my computer

Edit - somehow my phone didn’t pick up on your weights you posted or the question after. so the numbers indicate how much dps 1 of each stat gives you. so right now your weights are still agil - haste = crit - vers - mastery

you want haste to at least 12-15% un buffed. if you plan to pvp add more weight to versatility and take weight from crit. if you plan to pve I have found some good success stacking crit

Sim it and go for your highest stat(s). Simple as that. The SimC addon output can be used just as easily in the Stat Weight section of Raidbots as it can in the Top Gear section, and saves you from having to relog to sim. That was my point.

Unfortunately, rules of thumb like this don’t stand up, because it depends on your setup. I have 15% baseline haste, but haste is still nearly equal to versatility and crit in value, and versatility is still my top stat, not crit. That’s why simming yourself is so important, because the relative value of the stats strongly depends not just on your itemlevel but the actual ratio of stats on your gear.

1 Like

Again Ty gents. Great information.