Starting Vashj'ir.

I can't start the Vashj'ir quest line. The heroes board does not show it, and the quest giver at Stormwind harbour does not show it either. Has it been removed?
Since you're over level for it, there's a different starting point.

Turn on Low Level Quest tracking on your minimap, and head down to the Stormwind Docks. There should be an NPC (Recruiter Burns) at the land-side end of the dock where the Northrend boat departs from who will give you the appropriate starting quest.

If you can't get the quest from Burns, check and make sure you don't have access to the portal on the portal island already.

The quest definitely has not been removed. I just did it a few weeks ago on a 120 toon.
7 Likes
Make sure you've done "The Eye of the Storm" quest from the NPC near the portals. I don't think the quest on the docks will show up until you've done it.
The quest starts in the shipwreck.
11/08/2018 05:24 AMPosted by Kéres
Since you're over level for it, there's a different starting point.

Turn on Low Level Quest tracking on your minimap, and head down to the Stormwind Docks. There should be an NPC (Recruiter Burns) at the land-side end of the dock where the Northrend boat departs from who will give you the appropriate starting quest.

If you can't get the quest from Burns, check and make sure you don't have access to the portal on the portal island already.

The quest definitely has not been removed. I just did it a few weeks ago on a 120 toon.

"and the quest giver at Stormwind harbour does not show it either" That is with the lower quests turned on. Even if I click on him, there is nothing
11/08/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Udiza
Make sure you've done "The Eye of the Storm" quest from the NPC near the portals. I don't think the quest on the docks will show up until you've done it.

Also doesn't show the quest for me, with trivial quests turned on, or even if I click on the dude
11/08/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Frisic
The quest starts in the shipwreck.

No NPC in the shipwreck without the quest line. I tried flying out to try that.
Just to be sure, you can't use the portal for Vash'ir? (If it's the character you're posting on, it looks like a significant part of Vash'ir has already been completed according to the wowhead quest completion tool.)

Also, certain other quests may cause phasing issues. The BfA starter quest and potentially the Legion starter quests may interfere if you have those in your log.
worked it out. I was phased out by the BFA start quest. The NPC (Recruiter Burns) had the quest for me once I finished BFA start. Thanks for your suggestions.

I just had the same issue trying to find out how to get this zone started on an alt. Thanks for posting how you got it sorted! It worked for me too!

Also, thank you all for this. I know I’m a bit late but this helped me complete the questline :slight_smile:

yes, this is months late-but i just came upon this this very moment-so for future people-if it’s not on the heroes call board, CLICK STARTING QUESTS UNTIL IT COMES UP! it will cycle through and you can abandon those you dont want

4 Likes

Thank you - cycling through start board quests is simple and fast!