Starting over

Not really new to the server. But I haven’t played here since…like…MoP. I’ve been on WRA the past several years. Unfortunately, I’ve had too many run-ins with toxic players, guilds falling apart, and now finally having to distance myself from RP partners I’ve played with for years constantly going off on ignorant, tone deaf rants about current events. Honestly, my RP on WRA is soured too much now.

So…I’m looking for a fresh start back here. Yeah, I know, there are problems here as well. I don’t expect it to be a less or more toxic community. Just a new one for me to settle into. Problem with starting fresh after so many bad experiences back to back, I get the nagging voice in the back of my mind whether things are just going to blow up again. Wondering whether I’ll be wasting my time investing myself in yet another new community.

But, I still want to give it a go. I’m looking for a group that’s more a…community IC. Military RP doesn’t particularly appeal to me, nor does a mercantile themed guild. “Slice of life”, perhaps? But can have some IC adventuring elements as well. Any suggestions? Parking my blue butt in Stormwind and trying to catch random RP can be a frustrating experience. Doesn’t give me a true chance to get a feel for the character. ( They tend to change from the outline I picture when I initially create them after only a few sessions of actual RP )

7 Likes

Welcome back.

I’ve seen a lot of toxic behavior on WrA. Especially the Horde side. I think everyone is less prone to drama here.

2 Likes

If you happen to be Horde side and see me, I’ll happily bore you. :slight_smile: I hope the switch to here allows you to find what you’re after.

Hope you find what you’re looking for! I’m ex-WRA too, though I haven’t tried horde on this server, which I mained on WRA. So far everybody I’ve had the chance to meet here on Ally side has been nice and RP has been much more popping than it was on WRA.

1 Like

Moon Guard has been no stranger to dumb drama and toxic players over the years, but from what I’ve seen, things are generally pretty chill now a’days. Welcome back, I hope you find what you’re looking for.

1 Like

While none in particular come to mind off hand, perhaps a ‘caravan’ style guild might be up your alley? Something with events in different regions, travel RP, trading, setting up camp, difficulties on the road, etc? Could help you get a feel for your character? -shrugs- Either way, here’s to hoping things work out!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you see me on and are looking for a companion to join you in an adventure through some of the more treacherous regions, whisper me across the void.

Posted this and the next day, my cats knocked my laptop off the table and killed the HD. However… A City of Heroes friend came to the rescue, fixing up her brother’s old gaming desktop and sending it out to me. Thing’s actually an upgrade from my potato of a laptop. :slight_smile: But, that’s why I haven’t gotten back to this thread. Thanks for all the replies, I’ll keep my eyes open.

Heya there! I see you’re tired of the cliques that exist around in the realms. They may be unavoidable but I do wanna extend a hand out to the Dusk Bell Unity! We’re a guild that are pretty much good mercenaries, aiding the world and all of that. We are allied with quite a few groups and interact with them very often!

(sister organizations of Greyshields, Custodes Vitae, Runaway Theater Troupe, and Ironheart Brigade!)

I can second that, I love my horde toons, in the valley of honor and it’s just that bad. Never thought I’d convert, let alone moon guard but 3 days on my alliance and I’ve made friends, and had fun and good new RP experiences.

I hate to say it but it seems like WrA horde is sadly very segregated and far from united.

I can sit here all night, and stream no walks up, and no return action on my end. It’s sad