Star wars prequels are great

I know people in USA hate them. But in any country that got SW later, especially those where EP1 was actully the first - they loved a lot. And yes, Ewan McGregor is best thing that happened with star wars

3 Likes

no objectively they’re terrible story telling and childish in every meaning, THOUGH they are enjoyable and admirable for the story they try to tell. Ep3 is still my 2nd favorite SW. prequels at least had a story to tell sequel was just thrown together for money with no direction each director just trying to screw over the other, very sad and hope they go through with the idea to can and make it uncanon or an alternate universe.

Nah, Mr. Plinkket is the best thing to happen to Star Wars since 1983.

2 Likes

Oh my…

That was golden. I just sat and watched the entire series. Thank you!

1 Like

The prequels are trash. Bad acting, bad dialogue, boneheaded narrative, terrible payoffs. I know people are torn about the sequel trilogy but if you legit believe any of them are worse than the prequels you are daft.

There is no such thing as “objectively bad” storytelling. Yes, even my last paragraph is an opinion. Films are whatever you feel they are. That doesn’t mean you can’t have a well-reasoned opinion, nor does it mean you can’t be stubborn in your refusal to accept positive or negative qualities about them. But storytelling is not objective.

I thought they were great. They were my first Star Wars movies that I saw in the cinema. Although I remember I was annoyed how Ep1 was completely disconnected from original trilogy and that EP2 didn’t really bring it closer. Ep3 saved it though.

In retrospect, I think they did some amazing world building, it was awesome to see the busy galaxy before the Empire. It was quite immersive for me. There was some bad acting here and there, but I prefer that to the Marvel humor of the new trilogy like they’ve all came from Earth. Even original trilogy had this neutrality to it that didn’t bind it to our reality.

2 Likes

The Empire was literally representative of a regime who I cannot name because of dumb WoW forum rules but that was a white supremacist regime that factored heavily into WW2.

The First Order is their resurgence, again representative of society today.

So no, there was never a “neutrality” in Star Wars. Even the garbage prequels were political.

Yeah I worded that badly. What I meant is that characters in prequels didn’t speak like they were guys and girls next door making practical jokes that are only relevant to our time and place. Like that online call comedy scene in the beginning of Last Jedi that will become outdated in five years, and the rest of Marvel humor.

Prequels were cringe in dialogue sometimes, but at least they didn’t break the illusion with modern small talk.

My favorite part about episode 3 is when Anakin does all that crap to save Padme then chokes her in the end.

I think I fell asleep during that lava fight scene. So boring and it wouldn’t end.

Ah okay. Though I still wonder what about the new movies dates them.

they not perfect but they are better than the Rey trilogy and daisy ridley who I feel bad her who she struggle to find a acting job after doing that trilogy and she said that Disney had no plan for trilogy. They threw stuff on the wall to see what sticks and that why end up as a failure.

They had their moments. I remember when yoga dropped his staff and faced off against count dooku I was hopping in my seat as a kid.

As an adult I liked some of the political additions, it shows how the republic was flawed.

Ehh, their not great as the original, though i always have a soft spot for them, since it has some good moments.

Not to mention serves as an awesome base to expand the universe upon with TV shows, mini movies and video games. Lots and lots of Video games. Bounty Hunter, Lego Star wars, The Forced Unleashed, Battlefront games (the good ones), Republic Commando, Knights of the old Republic and the MMO, Clone Wars (2002), Episode 1 Podracing… It’s was awesome. :smiley:

And then Dark Disney-idious and the galactic Empire Arts executed Order 66 on all the expanded universe stuff and put out mostly sub-par crud including the main movies themselves. :confused:

If there’s one thing i commend George for with the prequels, is at least he doesn’t try to do the same thing over and over again like what Disney ended up doing. Even if it ended up backfiring on him.

This times a million. :point_up:

1 Like

The best thing to come out of the prequel era was the Genndy Tartakovsky clone wars shorts.

2 Likes