Stacking Expedient

Just a crazy idea here, but if a person were to stack this corruption and use an absurd amount of haste on gear/demon blades/15% attack speed enchant… is there a haste cap of sorts in BFA where there are diminishing returns?

There is a build that uses a lot of Haste and makes use of one or two expedient pieces so that you can fit 3 Death Sweeps in one Demonic window. You need to hit something around 135% Haste to do that though.

1 Like

To fit 3 Death Sweeps in a Demonic window, you need Death Sweep to have no longer CD than 4.0s, plus twice your latency. At a minimum this requires 125% haste, but in practical terms, closer to 140-150%.

That said, I highly doubt that an Expedient build will outpace the dominant Infinite Star build. Haste is our third-best stat, and while Expedient isn’t terrible for us (since it also amplifies the haste from Furious Gaze), it’s behind even a 430 itemlevel Infinite Star, and less than half the output of a 475 one.

I think the question is, however, if it’s worth dropping a level of Infinite Star for a R3 Expedient to amplify the haste fueling IS. That might be possible.

The haste “softcap”, as it were, is only 100% haste, because that’s where our GCD hits the GCD floor of 0.75s. Beyond that point, it still reduces Eye Beam’s cooldown, increases the proc rate per minute of Demonic Appetite and other RPPM effects (like IS and TD), and increases our autoattacks, but we lose some of the benefit due to the GCD floor.

That’s actually a fairly significant reason why haste dropped off so hard for us after Uldir, because Furious Gaze means we’re almost guaranteed to already be at the GCD floor during our meta windows. Including Meta’s haste bonus, we only need 4080 haste rating to hit the GCD floor. Furious Gaze is 1058 each at 450, 1109 at 465, and 1161 at 480, so we only need 906, 753, or 597 haste rating, respectively by itemlevel, to hit the GCD floor during Demonic windows.

Basically, what I’m saying is, unlikely, at least for Havoc.

That said, I have discovered that stacking Expedient lets me swap to use Exsanguinate on my sin rogue (was a 0.1% DPS loss), and holy hell is it fun. I only have 1 applied right now (though I’ll be able to get a second one before it cycles on Friday), and am already at 35% haste. The burst from it is positively silly. I just 100-0’d 3-mask Rexxar in 9 seconds.

1 Like

It’s worth it for M+ builds. I really wouldn’t bother investing on it for raids though because even on fights where AoE/cleave dominate, we’re better off going with Lash + Twilight Devastation.

“All of us atm” should be way over our haste goals. We were able to fit 3 Death Sweeps in the rotation during the Battle of Dazar’alor raid. So other than getting faster proc rates for IS and damn near instant casts of Focusing Iris and Fel Barrage. It really is pointless to a point although my raw melee dmg is generally within the top 4. So not sure how fast our auto attacks can get. I just did a Heroic Shad’har which lasted 217 seconds, I did 302 auto attacks and I was out of range a few times with the mechanics. I would link the log but It still won’t let me post links.

Thanks this is very informative. I have noticed that I am very much fighting with the GCD cooldown when I have additional haste procs on top of Furious gaze.

So I actually did roughly 10 hours worth of using Gear Compare tab in raidbots.

I took my gear set and changed out all of the exact gear with corruption setups.
We have 9 slots for possible corruptions, Haste, Crit, Vers, Mastery, and Strikethrough. I tried all the possible combos for those and they all lose out to Infinite Stars by a huge margin.

So going forward the best dps for ST atm is IS 6. Then its IS6 + Expedient 3, Then it moves to IS 6 + Exp 3 + Strikethrough 3. After that we just keep adding Strikethrough. At the point where we can actually use IS 9 would be the first week of November. For me that gave an avg sim dps of 142k dps. But it actually gets smashed by IS 6–EXP 3–SKT 3–SKT 3–SKT 2 by 17k dps higher.

Right now, we can safely run IS 6 with zero penalties and nothing is coming close to it.

If you were curious as what the sims for this looked like here is a quick example with my main setup of running Infinite Stars 6 vs IS 3 + Expedient 11 vs IS 3 + Strikethrough 11 vs IS 3 + Exp 3 + Skt 8.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/gXgPPV7sBqfLzvewMyeASU And the full HTML readout. Which is the best way to actually view how they all break down. https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/gXgPPV7sBqfLzvewMyeASU/simc

1 Like

Keep in mind Cloak resistance cap is 110. Which is in September.

The cap is 125, not 110 (though it does occur on September 8th). This gives us a maximum corruption resistance of 135, and a maximum corruption value of 174 for only Eye (well, and the snare, but no one cares about that), 194 for Eye + Thing, and 214 for Eye + Thing + Cascading Disaster.

IS 9 is 225, so that wouldn’t be feasible. Based on Noyjitat’s statment:

214 would tolerate IS 6 + Expedient 3, plus 0, 1, or 2 Strikethroughs, respectively, for just Eye, Eye + Thing, and Eye + Thing + Cascading Disaster.

Sorry miscalculated can’t remember half the time

1 Like

Story of my life lately >.>

pfft I didn’t even remember they were capping it. lol