Squishy while leveling

So I’m leveling a shaman. I’m at 117 as of the time of writing this. The entire journey has left me unhappy with the shaman class. While leveling I feel incredibly vulnerable to attacks. Elemental seems exceptionally weak when compared to other casters (Druid/Lock/Mage/SPriest) that I have leveled. Enhancement isn’t much better. The damage during the entire leveling process has been lackluster. I have had to work and stay focused in every single fight. I feel like it’s more whack-a-mole than any sort of rotation - and after 1000s of pulls, having a routine is way better.

I feel like I have to burn cooldowns everytime a second mob gets pulled. Honestly, I’ve leveled multiples of every class, and Shaman feels to be the least stable of them all. I feel like I’m being victimized with every single fight my character gets into.

What am I doing wrong?

I don’t think you are doing anything wrong, I always feel the same while levelling shamans. It feels like you have to rely on major CD’s way more than any other class.

At cap and with a bit of gear, it is much better. Really fun class.

1 Like

Yeah i been bouncing toons tryin to find main i have to say shamans are squishiest. I wish there was option to have earth elemental out all time.

I agree. Earth Elemental out all the time would be good.