Am I doing something wrong or need to change up my Shadow spec? When I am questing, doing activities in the vaults and coiled isle, or delves, I feel so squishy, even at 319 ilvl, and I die easily unless I go into every pull with all of my CDs ready. My average pull size is 3-4 if there is an elite.
Meanwhile, my unholy DK alt at 298 ilvl can pull large groups with a few elites mixed in and be fine without using 2min+ CDs.
Same with my demo lock, windwalker monk, and frost mage. They are all 305 ilvl or lower and seem to be able to take a beating far better than my 319 ilvl priest.
1 Like
Are you using your defensives? Fade plus Flash heal for the 20 Percent Dr?
Make sure to pop Vampiric embrace during your CDs because that’s when you’ll see the most effect from it. This is just shotgun advice since I can’t see your gameplay, but at 319 you shouldn’t be struggling as much as it sounds like you might be.
1 Like
I forgot about the flash heal reduction! I’ll try precasting that before each pull tonight when I get home. Vampiric embrace and fade I use frequently. 20% DR is huge, I have a feeling that will be a game changer.
2 Likes
If its not enough I check the forums a couple times a day. Maybe we can brainstorm other options.
1 Like
I will let you know what I figure out tonight. That extra 10% DR from precasting flash heal will likely be a big change.
1 Like
You should also have the talent that creates an image that taunts enemies, can’t remember it off the top of my head, but I tend to use fade more for that then the actual DR when doing pve. It breaks aggro off you and usual the mobs then attack your summons instead of you and by the time they get to you fade is off CD ans you repeat the process.
1 Like
It’s not worth casting the flash heal part. After you fade you shouldn’t be tanking any mobs.
1 Like
are you running Archon for open world and dailies? Archon is strong in groups, and can work solo but its not as effective in short fight single target pulls/encounters
Voidweaver currently steamrolls in solo play. Tentacle slam + void volley drops things pretty fast that are in the 233k to 450k hitpoint range, and voidform/voidtorrent + power infusion for mobs up to 1 million does the trick. Having the 4 piece also gives that extra void volley punch after each tentacle slam
1 Like
I’ve been leveling my priest as Shadow, and brother let me tell you it’s a struggle out here.
Compare to leveling my paladin as holy (seriously, not even a DPS or tank), and it’s no comparison if you get me. Literally all 3 specs of paladin are just so easy to do anything with. It might just be that I mega-suck with Shadow, but I’ve had a faster and easier time leveling Holy paladin with the DPS talents selected (the very few they have). Running a level 89 Shadow I pop everything I’ve got on a 5 mob pull and barely survive it (didn’t even have elites in the pull), John Warcraft over here on his Ret paladin yanks 12 mobs and skates away full HP. It’s genuinely not equal.
Let’s face it, gents - priest needs a top to bottom retooling. I love the class, but we’re definitely working harder than a lot of the other classes out there to get less results. Real talk.
2 Likes
No nothing to do with this, I have leveled An Enhancement Shaman, Windwalker Monk, Retribution Paladin, and Feral Druid all to 90 and they were definitely tankier. I would say Enhancement was the strongest in Leveling followed closely by Ret and Windwalker. Feral is strong but it has a hard time with more than just 1 mob but it’s still better than Shadow. I don’t get why people think Shadow is tanky in PvP when it seems like the Squish. I miss the days of Shadowform giving damage reduction on top of inner fire.
Just use fade and you will be fine. Play the extra add build where you spawn alot of pets and you dont even need the fade image. You dont need to flash heal or any dr. Just fade. Its the most underrated and imho for solo content the most powerfull tool priests have.
1 Like
Ah someone else that gets it.
1 Like
Or you can also use dominate mind. In open world its gimmick, but in delves its so broken it almost feel like cheating. With fade ofc.
1 Like