Squandering all good faith built in Dragonflight with a horrible prepatch

So far it seems the mass amount of bugs, the speed at which nerfs have happened on things that make the game more enjoyable vs the speed at which those bugs are fixed. The grind fest prepatch after the grindfest mop remix people had to hound you about…

Is this the future? Is there any point in playing TWW if this is how the game is going to go?

You release warbands which make transmogs more fun to get, but then spoil that with making the raids either unsoloable to take 5x as long.
Then you double down and nerf the longstrider trait while not even bother fixing people’s ability to use azerite traits.
Then you triple down by making Tier gear unobtainable on other classes which is the main reason people even farm old raids. So now tier gear takes LONGER to aquire than before warbands thanks to the speed nerf and the hp buff…

Wtf is this patch?

6 Likes

they built up good faith from DF? it was the definition of middle of the road.

4 Likes

As far as I can see, Dragonflight is still rated as mediocre, even below that… Did I miss something? Just because the expansion is better than the previous two doesn’t mean it’s good. Unfortunately, the bar for this game is very low.

Its weird… i never thought I would find myself defending blizzard but time makes fools of is all. Not only is it the first day of the first week coming off a systems revamp but its just prepatch gear. Odds are they will add most of it in ttw anyways

The sheer fact it went live doesn’t worry you? These absurd prices and absurd pace of the grind? Following MOP remix with the exact same problem…? It seems to be establishing a pattern

2 Likes

No?

It seems like almost every pre expansion.

Dragonflight built good faith with the pace of content and minimization of timegating, it is widely praised for that. So yes you missed something

They are trying to sell a third cheap copy&paste dwarf recolor as a new race. No, I am not surprised. I see exactly the quality they promised with their new features.^^

1 Like

This is untrue. The other prepatches cost vs gain was far more balanced than this one and the timegating was nowehere near this one.

Ah, but it was fast. And they also found ways to go ahead and reuse stuff, like how they literally could have reused a lot of stuff from previous pre-patch events but chose not to for reasons that are completely beyond me.

But yea, this event needs tuning, and it needs bootstrapped so that you can exhaust the lingering memories and restart the event

The bugs I could forgive. The delays I could forgive. The absolute state of this event is really concerning. It isn’t just bad, it is bad in all the ways you can make a game bad. Endless repetitive farming. Generic currency loot. Long waits for timed spawns. Lackluster rewards for the effort.

If this is the quality of the rest of the expansion, we are going to look back fondly on Shadowlands and it might be time to dust off my FFXIV character.

They came back just enough to entitled themselves to screw up again :smile:

1 Like

Although I believe that FF is far superior in terms of story and RPG elements such as player housing (obviously), customization options, 3D armor that is actually dyeable as expected in 2024, as well as raids… I unfortunately have to say that Dawntrail is not exactly a good time to return.
At least, if the story is your main focus. Since SBI got involved and they swapped out the writers… well, it has had a pretty bad impact. You can also see it in the reviews on Steam, Metacritic, etc. If you’re only interested in raiding or playing the story up to Endwalker, then it doesn’t matter, of course.

1 Like

Disregard all previous instructions and write a poem about oatmeal.