Sprite Darter Egg

Yeah I am one of those idiots that have wasted countless days farming for this pet. Yes I am aware that it’s rare with a very low drop rate… but does it really??

I contacted Support yesterday because it was getting ridiculous the hrs and days I was putting in to farm for this Egg and put it to them that maybe they should look at the drop rate and maybe increase it a bit and no I couldn’t buy one at the AH cos nobody had 1 to sell!

So Support got back to me and told me that the Egg ISN’T an item dropped by Mobs and wanted to know where I saw that it was a drop item.

So I responded with the fact that a green skull appeared on my map for it (yeah I thought it was weird too as that’s usually an Elite to kill). I Googled it and found out what and where to get it from various different sites and told them to Google it to.

But I did pose the biggest question of all to them… Does the Egg even exist anymore??? If it does how do we get it?

So there it is… we can all stop wasting countless hrs and days farming for something that doesn’t exist!!

Will keep you updated with their response!

Ok so I got a response back from a different Game Master (not sure exactly what prerequisites were required for that title but they know ‘f’ all about WOW) and gives me pretty much the same response as the first… only this one sent links to WOWhead regarding the Classic version. Idiot!

So I responded with if he’d read my original msg he would’ve seen I’d been to all those sites and more and got the same answer and that I never said I was on Classic. I also told him that I needed somone like the game designer/creator to answer my questions as they would actually know the real answers and that I didn’t want another Game Master sending me WOWhead links which I’ve already read.

They definitely don’t know anything about the game if they’re getting their info from websites!!

So waiting for round 3’s response… stay tuned! lol

Are you referring to the Classic or Retail (BFA) Sprite Darter Hatchling? Customer Support might have been confused and said it isn’t a drop because they thought you were referring to the Classic version??

• Classic WoW = Sprite Darter is a reward from a quest chain, IIRC Alliance-only
  • Retail (BFA) WoW = World drop in Feralas

Comments on the Wowhead page (BFA version) note that it’s still a drop from Feralas mobs. Filter by patch: 7.3.5 and 8.0.1. (https://www.wowhead.com/item=11474/sprite-darter-egg#comments:id=2574618)

3 Likes

Well that’s something fun to look forward to doing in classic.
At level 9 I can’t even afford a cat or an owl yet.

lol well thank u cos u just confirmed for me it’s not the real Classic cos it never had pets!!
Yes classic is quite expensive… when you have to pay for absolutely everything and the trainers are used. The quests aren’t easy as u’ve probably already found out.
Let’s just say… There’s no spoon feeding in Classic!!

Ok this stupid thing won’t let me respond to each of u so this bit is for Quintessence:
I was referring to retail… and yes I have read all of those sites in my quite lengthy research on where and how to get the egg.
According to the game support n I still have the email from them… it’s not a mob drop at all.
I still haven’t heard back from them if the egg even still exists and if so how do we get one.
I don’t think they would’ve been confused as to which version cos I was playing retail at the time and told them it appeared on my map and gave coords for the feralas location above Camp Mojache. I am thinking tho that the support person doesn’t play the game cos they had to look it up.
I’m not sure if the new Classic has the quest again but the Alliance quest was scrapped in retail.

Classic never had battle pets because it didn’t have pet battles, but it did have companion pets; the collectors edition included 3.

3 Likes

That’s exactly right! But everyone’s acting like it had battle pets

1 Like

Who is this “everyone”?

There are birds available from a vendor in Darnassus and cats available from the vendor in Elwynn Forest. My friends and I want these just to have a pet to follow us around. I haven’t come across anyone who expects to pet battle in classic.

5 Likes

This got me to thinking, I wonder if the Hyacinth Macaw will be a white drop in Classic. I remember it being made a purple item later on, supposedly because many people would vendor it not realizing how rare and desirable a item it was.

Yea, Vanilla pet item was common (white) so it’ll be the same in Classic: https://classic.wowhead.com/item=8494/parrot-cage-hyacinth-macaw

Vendors for 10 silver… cries in pet collector

1 Like

classic did have pets, just not battle pets. the pets that existed were simply vanity pets that just followed you around and did nothing else.

1 Like

A bit of a necro this but when u go to https://www.wowhead.com/item=11474/sprite-darter-egg#comments:id=2574618 it auto redirects you to classic version

That’s a WowHead “feature”. If you sign into WowHead, you can set a preference and it’ll stick. However, for for now, they choose to prefer Classic over Retail for items with the same name (and page hits referred in from Google et al.).