(Spoilers)Can we retcon Zovaal yet?

So your saying he created the lich king. Thank you i truly apperciate when people end up agreeing with me.

I would like to think he is just that, but that’s not the route they are going:

Can your mortal minds fathom?
How long I have waited.
Every event set in motion,
Every pawn put into play.

4 Likes

Well I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m just glad that we know who he is, what his motivations are, and why he is doing what he is doing.

What’s that? We don’t know any of that?

Oh, well
shucks.

4 Likes

Well there is a bunch of other lore I didn’t like, so let’s retcon it all. I actually hit my head waking up lazy peons in the valley of trials and have been in a coma the last 17 years. Nothing has actually happened yet.

No, I didn’t agree with you. Stop being dense.

Kil’jaeden created the Lich King. End of story. That’s the canon lore and it hasn’t been changed.

The Jailer wanted a mortal champion to serve as his herald. He didn’t want a telepathic ghost that could command legions of undead. Why do you think Mal’ganis lured Arthas to Northrend? Because he knew if he could get Arthas to pick up Frostmourne, then the magical effects of the mournblade would corrupt him and turn him into that mortal champion that the Jailer needed.

But he didn’t count on Ner’zhul, the Lich King, wanting the dreadlords dead, which is why he was so surprised when Ner’zhul told Arthas to strike down Mal’ganis.

From there, the Dreadlords lost control of their champion. Arthas was firmly pitted against them, even before he put on the helm. Tichondrius was the only dreadlord that Arthas worked for, and he turned on him as soon as he had the opportunity by letting Illidan know exactly where to find the skull of gul’dan.

Nay good sir those are your words not mine crafting something means you created something. Edit: you can hide behind a wall a text and it will avail you naught going back to level my warrior see ya. :wave:

The Jailer was the previous Arbiter, one day he decided he should be the head honcho of everything shadowlandy and beyond so he tried to usurp control and his fellow eternal ones stopped him and put him in the maw. Now i don’t know about every culture in the world but here in MURICA it is generally considered a jerk move to decide everything should be your slave for all of eternity. Maybe its different in other countries so thats where everyone cannot see why what he’s doing is so wrong.

You’re still being dense I see.

If I create a box, am I also the person who created the items that someone else puts in the box? Or were those items made by someone else?

I know it’s difficult, but please think for a minute before you answer.

I think y’all are missing the point. We know they won’t just have us wake up somewhere with Magni standing over us saying, “Champion! Are ye alright?” But that doesn’t stop some of us saying a better way out of this mess would be to pretend it never happened.

1 Like

That would be modification but not exactly creating something. Maybe you need to think and retake highschool because you obviously don’t understand that crafting is creating something. And hey man im quoting what you said. The jailer crafted the helm of dommination and frostmourne. Im just glad you agree man. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: edit: anyways onto my leveling of my warrior see ya.

1 Like

I already covered this.

Zovaal created the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne.

Kil’jaeden created the Lich King.

Go whinge at Blizzard if you don’t like the lore. That’s what they’ve written. I’m done with you.

When even the Wowhead writer points at how laughably bad the story is in the dialog post, you know it’s bad :skull::skull::skull: Never seen that before Shadowlands

3 Likes

Nobody is missing the point. You’re just wrong. You’re simply wrong in thinking that blowing up all sense of consequence forever, dooming the franchise to an inevitable death is a good solution to what is simply a somewhat sticky situation.

I think that saying “fans are great are voicing their feelings but bad at giving constructive feedback” is spot on in this case. You really, really don’t know what you actually want. You’re just upset at the current situation and many people have the natural reaction to just knock their tendies on the floor in a fit, regardless if it is self-destructive.

4 Likes

I want a good story. Pretty sure i know what i want.

3 Likes

And you think dropping a nuke on the franchise is the solution?

I mean, you’re replying to a guy that doesn’t even understand the current lore, so, it’s really no surprise that he thinks nuking it is a good idea.

The nuke been dropped already man. It was launched in bfa and radation aftereffects is shadowlands.

7 Likes

Im replying to a guy who doesnt even know what modification is.

The nathrezim were created by Sire Denathrius countless ages ago to infiltrate the other cosmic forces and spread the influence of Death. One conclave of nathrezim was discovered by Sargeras who world that had been completely infected by monstrous aberrations known as Old Gods, the titan ruthlessly interrogated a conclave of nathrezim demons who dwelled on the black world. From them, Sargeras learned that the void lords had sent the Old Gods out into the cosmos to infect any worlds that housed titan world-souls, and if they succeeded, the world-soul would be twisted into an unspeakably dark creature that not even the Pantheon could stand against: a Dark Titan. While the titans continued their work, Sargeras meditated on the fate of the cosmos in isolation. Fear, doubt and despair overwhelmed him, and he eventually came to the conclusion that the only way to spare the fundamentally flawed universe from the void lords was to purge it all of life. Thus began the Burning Crusade.

Later, The Burning Legion comes to Argus and offering the eredar immeasurable knowledge and power Kil’jaeden and Archimonde accepted Sargeras’ offer, being turned into demonic members of the Burning Legion. After the second invasion of the Burning Legion The Helm of Domination and Frostmourne were obtained by Kil’jaeden and the dreadlords of the Burning Legion. Created by The Jailer who intended to use the Helm and Frostmourne to establish his influence on Azeroth, thereby allowing him to claim his “final prize”, a secret that the First Ones sought to hide. Both of which were claimed by Arthas who became the Lich King.

Denathrius, who was either partnered with the Jailer then or later, created the Nathrezim who then went on in helping fall of Sargeras, causing him to create the Burning Legion, who then later received the Helm of Domination from Zolaav to turn Arthus in to the Lich King. Denathrius would be to blame more than Zovaal, as his creations were behind most of the forces at work.

1 Like

So we were both wrong it was dentharius the chad all along. NICE