*spoilers* The Devs are willing to render azeroth worthless

In a recent interview with polygon, it appears the Devs are willing to toss the azeroth world aside for these cosmic events (totally lazy attempt at story writing and continuity.) It seems that in an expac or two Azeroth will be bursting out of her “egg” and displacing the whole of azeroth… so we will be traveling to other planar zones…

Here is the wowhead link to the interview.

3 Likes

Good. We could use a change of scenery.

37 Likes

Looks like Alternate Azeroth joke might be more literal in the future, or they’ll retcon that the Burning Legion decimated most of the universe for more places to live.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with that? It allows them to take us to new levels of creativity on different worlds and new fresh lore instead of the old (which btw everyone at one point was complaining about the old tiring faction war earlier this xpac). I support it if they are going to do it.

8 Likes

I can also see totally new villains existing as well.

2 Likes

Low effort way of making the game look modern without having to 1 for 1 remake the entire world.

Honestly, Azeroth emerging would be a good way to segue into WoW 2: Cosmos of Warcraft.

I think I’m a bit confused what does this mean by Azeroth is bursting out of an egg? Like a cataclysm expansion?

1 Like

well eventually that will happen azeroth is a titan :man_shrugging: so the egg will eventually crack up.

1 Like

our planet is a titan

queue attack on titan music

4 Likes

I mean yeah, what more can they really do with what they’ve got? And wouldn’t people that complain about new stuff complain that old stuff is reused? How many times they gonna bring back Illidan or Arthas to push things along? They tried to rejig Sylvanas and it was terrible. They’re awful at that kind of thing. What they’re good at is big spectacle stuff so let them have a chance at it. The sensible reasonable scale of lore and stuff has long gone. Let them just go with this craziness for now and see how it goes.

5 Likes

They would have to make an entirely new world. How much more effort do you want?

9 Likes

I think Azeroth will blow up or atleast it won’t be liveable anymore.

They should definitely name it that just so we’ll all shorten it to CoW.

3 Likes

It’s easier to make something new than it is to recreate something old.

There is no CoW level

3 Likes

Probably not that dramatic but since we don’t know what happened to Argus after we killed the titan soul until they don’t explain what happens to planets once their titan fully awakes this is all speculation…

Yeah, well. What’s Azeroth done for me lately?

1 Like

Azeroth is getting a little crowded with the new stories that can be told each expansion. There are only so many undiscovered islands to explore from the sundering. And since they don’t want to do a cataclysm-esque world revamp for some reason, it looks like a new world after Shadowlands is the way to go.

I think a 4 year expansion would be awesome it could work if its a totally new world imho!

hmmm no.

content drought does more harm than good it’s fine the way it’s now even tho I heavy dislike content droughts.

I don’t like anything that threatens Quel’thalas or the Sunwell. So hopefully Azeroth can be saved for everyone. Why couldn’t it be live able anymore is confusing to me. Orgrimmar, Stormwind, Elwynn Forest just gone? I hope they do something else.

1 Like