[SPOILERS] Suggested alternative for a TWW character

Since it is suggested that Blizzard will soon kill off Khadgar (according to the fans because the VA is getting too old), can I propose a more sensible way of handling the situation if that is the case: Why not have Khadgar’s age cruse removed and have him revert to a younger self? Then that way you could get a new VA, give him a new look and breathe a fresh perspective into the character, rather than just kill off yet another community favourite.

As for VAs, how about that bearded cutie that played young Khadgar in the Warcraft Movie? :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’ve replaced voice actors in the past, I don’t see why they can’t now.

Apparently Khadgars voice actor is Tony Amendola and he’s only 72. He’s basically an older man voicing an older man. Seems to be a fine fit to me.

The bearded cutie played Lothar, not Khadgar.

That’s an matter of opinion and taste :rofl:

It’s interesting since Khadgar was actually older in the past, when we knew him in TBC, he had a long beard.

He’s aging in reverse, because of a curse that Medivh put on him when he was slain.

It’s a shame they’re gonna kill him off before he becomes a kid/young adult/teenager lol.

1 Like

I don’t see an issue with the VAs age. But if they are looking to retire (like some fans are speculating) then I’d prefer they didn’t kill off the character just because of that.

I didn’t know that? As in the curse is wearing off? Interesting.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good point.

Me personally I think Khadgar is a great character and it’s a complete waste to throw him away.

There is speculation he isn’t dead, since they never find a body. Something about a void portal and why only a part of Dalaran is crashed on the shore.

I thought that the difference in appearance was only due to him using a generic wizard model from early wow alpha/ beta, before being given his own unique model?

That old man model was unique though, I don’t remember ever seeing it anywhere else in the game.

I’m not bothered by the death, you could even say I’m low key happy about it. Haven’t been a fan of this guy since they gave him a spotlight.

Characters dying from time to time is a good thing IMHO; it allows new characters with new stories to come to the forefront.

So as a result I’m incredibly fine with Khadgar eating it.

My thing is, besides liking Khadgar because he’s interesting and fun and well written… if he dies we also lose a lot of the plot points that he could have introduced, such as all the stuff going on with Medivh.

1 Like

Maybe. But I swear I saw it used sparingly in other areas (Near Dalaran crater?) is classic.

That’s possible. Because I don’t remember seeing it, doesn’t mean it wasn’t there.

Or We could have a new character step into the job of house keeping Karazhan with new perspectives and ideas.

Like… the overwhelming sense I get from the character is that his story is concluded.

Look at the 10.2.7 in game cinematic on wow head.

Definitely not subtly hinting what’s about to happen in TWW, nope.

BfA and SL used both characters as a focus for the Void stuff that’s to come. Realistically they should be very important characters.

I can’t see Khadgar being killed off before we really get into the Void stuff and maybe try to go to war with the Void Lords themselves.

I’ve watched it twice, you must have better insight than I do.

My guess is that Xal’atath abducts him and that’s the reason for the attack. At some point we rescue him and he lives, or he somehow sacrifices himself in the fight against the Void and becomes something else similar to Medivh but Void focused somehow.

I very much doubt they just say, oh he didn’t survive the attack and he’s just dead.

Except Khadgar never really struck me as a void oriented character; like the last time we really interacted with it was in BFA where he had peaced out because he wanted nothing to do with Azerite or the faction war or anything else these crazy kids were getting up to. Hell, I don’t even clearly recall him being involved in shadowlands.

No, Aleria and the Void Elves have been the void oriented player group since late legion and as such it makes more sense to use them as our NPC guide for the upcoming content.

And as to why he specifically would be dead: Khadgar was the leader of Dalaran during the legion invasion which Xal would have observed, along with him beating Guldan, Kiljaedin, Xavius and Argus so eliminating him and the giant flying city full of mages as quickly as possible makes a lot of sense from a narrative stand point.