[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

Just going to copy and paste.

In an upcoming Shadowlands Alpha build, Blood Elves and Void Elves will be receiving some new customization options that some of you may be interested in :wink:. We wanted to give you an early look at a few of these new options available to the two races, with the first being several shades of blue eyes to choose from.

Void Elf blue eyes on top, Blood Elf blue eyes on bottom

Additionally, Blood Elves will have the option to choose from a variety of new skin colors and Void Elves will inherit the skin color options that are available to Blood Elves. Hereā€™s a glimpse of the potential characters that you can create with some of the new options.

New Blood Elf Customization Options

New Void Elf Customization Options

This is just a sneak peek some of the many customization options coming to your characters in Shadowlands! We look forward to seeing all the creations that you come up with in the future.

5 Likes

They did it. The MAD LADS DID IT.

They actually gave Void Elves peach skin and just gave Blood Elves blue eyes.

7 Likes
8 Likes

This will never not get a giggle from me.

1 Like

I used this meme just last night after killing a NE DH namedā€¦

ahem

Phloridaman.

Its nice to use it outside of PvP context.

2 Likes

emergency of sufficient scale detected; glass broken, high elves freed from their 1000 years jail

but in all seriousness, heck yeah

are the tentacles removed from some of those hairstyles or am i crazy

Iā€™m so torn between being glad that Blizzard are actually giving Void Elves something to make them a little more relevant to the Alliance which is ridiculously cool and my feelings of unbridled rage that they would completely no-sell High Elves returning to Silvermoon like this.

I just have to sit back and reflect on the fact that the Night Warrior customization for Night Elves was given more narrative fanfare than a decade-long civil war.

not only do we finally get high elf options, we can also be BLACK HIGH ELVES WTF

ionā€¦ ion has finally found peace. the war on high elves is over everyone

4 Likes

so as a quick aside itā€™s always made sense for me that blue-eyed blood elves would exist, ever since we got litebrite eye colors

since itā€™s more of a political divide than aesthetic, any blue-eyed blood elf is exactly that: a blood elf. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if some did come back to Quelā€™thalas after the Sunwell was saved.

That said - if we get Vereesa Iā€™m giving up the Light and becoming a shadow priest.

3 Likes

If it makes you feel better, the Draenei ascension toward the Light became a race of its own. Though I always felt that the Golden Eyes for BEs should have been an unlocked feature that retold the story of the purification of the Sunwell.

Itā€™s also not a stretch that some High Elves from Dalaran would rejoin some of their people in Silvermoon. Could have even used the Purge of Dalaran as a backstory as to why some defected to the Horde.

Guess itā€™s up to the players to write that story though.

1 Like

Also as one of the densest knots of spite anchoring my soul to this plane has suddenly come undone, I need a new source of sustenance; taking recommendations

2 Likes

Underwear options. Demand blue boxers.

1 Like

Soā€¦ in essence, a Blood Elf and a Void Elf can, with these new options, look pretty much identical to each other.

And these are different race options rather than a single one (a-la Pandaren), becauseā€¦ reasons?

Legion ARs in a nutshell. As well as Magā€™har, Junker Gnomes & Dark Iron

1 Like

so the alliance gets two flavours of thalassian elf factions while the horde gets lorā€™themars loyalists

the alliance has the people while the horde has the homeland

the implications both for the story at large and for RP and character hooks is fascinating

absolutely tempted to make an old high elf mage that shakes his staff at those upstart horde elves and is waiting for them to end their tantrum over garithos and come home

2 Likes

Because making them customization options instead of combining blood elves and void elves into one neutral races is way higher bang for their development time buck.

3 Likes

Butā€¦ how will I know which elf is my enemy in a battleground now? Why, I could accidentally attack my blood elf friends, or allow a void elf to get the flag!

Edit: Though sarcasm aside Iā€™m happy for Alliance players and this is a lovely change. I hope the bitter, angry people who demanded other people be miserable for no reason but spite can start eating their words.

5 Likes

Oh man, blizzard out here pleasing every one at once

1 Like

Serious answer? You already do in RBG and Arena :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Quick Edit, but Altielle this happening tbh increases the chance of ebon skintones for Nightborne Iā€™d say.

2 Likes