[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

Is it only active in world content and casual BGs? I’d hate for this system to sour balance in things like Mythic+, raids, and rated PvP.

Zoggy, we both know 100% this is going in all content.

I, for one, welcome our new 10 sec-reanimated-suit-of-armor overlords.

I really hope not. :frowning: It’s just gonna add another layer of reasons why covenants are gonna need to be swapped often.

We don’t know yet. There’s been next to none testing for soulbinds. I’ve seen it mentioned that they want to use Soulbinds to balance Covenant appeal, so I guarantee that soulbinds will be relevant in all content.

For reference:

They’ve identified Conduits would be a great tuning knob for unique benefits. If they identify that Kyrian Warlock is very single target, they can create an AoE conduit.

Is where I’m mainly leaning this speculation from.

Some of those soulbinds are neat. In a way that actively impacts your playstyle and provides tangible benefits.

And then some of them are meaningless miniscule percent bonuses.

And then others are just out and out worthless.

So hopefully in future builds when they start actually carving into the system, it’ll improve in any meaningful way. They definitely need more of those animate armor type skills. Things that are actually fun and unique and not just… Boring. And if they’re not supposed to fill that niche of unique and interesting, maybe move the cool things into some of those lackluster covenant abilities. Some of those could use a pick me up too, frankly.

There is one about giving you an additional Hearthstone (It’s called a Hearth Kidneystone XD friggin’ gross) and when you do [x] it reduces the CD of it by 5 min.

Stuff like this makes me inclined to believe that they’re going to only be used in Outside content…but we’ve no idea. An additional Hearthstone will make for great utility for farmers.

One of the bottom tree ones for a Necrolord soulbind is that after dying, you reanimate your body for 1 min before finally dying.

Updated list of covenant abilities:

I did lazy math and it required like, three hundred individual killing blows in order to go from the 24 hour cooldown to zero. I assume(?) most old instances probably have a comparable amount of mobs but that’d make it useless for almost any other content and I’m just super perplexed as to why they’d take up a ‘notable’ slot with something so… Needlessly niche.

I mean I was actually loosely intrigued until I considered the logistics of having to kill literally hundreds of enemies to recharge a hearthstone as if we don’t already have anywhere from two to five. But if it works out for the people who really would benefit from it, good for them I guess.

Now I gotta read these covenant ability tweaks.

That’s kind of what I was thinking, it’ll be good for folks farming mounts but usually by the time you’re done clearing, your normal hearth should already be reset.

I don’t fully understand the Shaman fae abiltiy, Fae Transfusion.
Night Fae: Fae Transfusion Transfer the life force of up to 8 enemies in the targeted area, dealing (25% of Spell power + 25% of Attack power) Nature damage every 0.5 sec for 3 sec.
Pressing Fae Transfusion again within 20 sec will release 75% of all damage from Fae Transfusion, healing up to 8 allies near yourself.

Like I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around how it functions. Is it supposed to be a soul-link between enemies and then an explosion of shared damage?

My assumption is that it’s just a targeted aoe dot mechanic that you reactivate for a local aoe healing burst based on the damage it’s ticked for.

1 Like

It’s interesting that it’s a channeled ability. It’ll be nice to see it in action.

Any ability strike your fancy so far?

There’s a few I’m very curious to see in proper scaling / in at level content.

The Venthyr priest ability Mindgames seems… It’s got a lot of potential, depending on scaling. Being able to negate not only a fraction of a big attack, but negate the following damage with the heal it gets converted into seems absolutely broken. But it would have to scale pretty high I imagine, so perhaps it’s just me misinterpreting values.

The rogue covenant abilities seem pretty lit, potentially. The wording around the anima charged combo point makes it seem like you have to use it alone but the move generates multiple combo points so it’s a big ??? and the bone spike from the necrolords will depend a lot on scaling because a stacking infinite dot for 10 energy is also a massive ???

1 Like

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/status/1260712653808271365?s=19

Have we posted gobbo customizations yet?

1 Like

its schnozz time guys

Its weird to think about how the goblins are the only race that can choose their noses

2 Likes

Not trying to tell you how to do your whole fox thing but Vulpera can too

Mmmm more or less but choosing between nearly identical snouts is less of an impact than the differences between goblin noses

That Goblin hook nose! XD

this one… makes me deeply concerned for the new hairstyles…

Why? I love that hair style. Wish it was available for dark Iron.