[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

The idea of extremism being relentlessly appealing is surprisingly true to life.

2 Likes

more like the scarlets won’t just let it go

remember when the Scarlets proved that the Light was very capably wielded as a tool by bad people and then Blizzard thought they needed to show it to us again, so they threw Xe’ra, then evil Y’rel at us? And then the Scarlets again?

I am a little bit tired of the Scarlets, frankly, but it’s not like it’s an unrealistic development in wow. Just… done before, which isn’t always a bad thing (Legion had a lot of things that were done before but were done well).

Make sure you’re in the post-battle phase, first of all. They’re to the southwest of the estate, just on the other side of the road. Turning off foliage helps, because they’re very small.

Here’s the leather. It’s also incomplete, but if you look at the icons, you can get an idea of what the finished set will look like.

It’s just the shirt and legs, but it looks legit as is for RPing.

From the icons the shoulders are going to be spiky :L

Here are two icons for the mail helm:

So the helms do have potential to be pretty wicked.

1 Like

Bird up.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/926289.jpg

2 Likes

I understood that reference.

2 Likes

I feel like Revendreth is pulling ahead based on fashion alone. As bad as that mail set is, at least it doesn’t look like a ring pop made out with a transformer like all the Bastion sets seem to be.

I am in love with Torghast, I wouldn’t be surprised if I never did anything else with my time in game. It gives me a real Dark Souls vibe, and blows horrific visions out of the water! I’m getting hyped.

2 Likes

I remember when I predicted (posted on my alt, Dubor) that WoW needed a procedural generated, randomly changing tower challenge that could be solo or group content. Then they previewed Torghast at Blizzcon.

Now I’ve never been so glad to be right, everything I’m seeing about it looks amazing.

Also I love the aesthetic of the armors so far. Spikes and skulls are exactly where my love lies. I’m a metalhead at heart.

3 Likes

Race checks out. For real tho, Necrolords are looking TIGHT!

1 Like

Exact coordinates are 43.79, 55.09.

Here’s one of them circled showing the Calston Estate as a landmark:

https://i.imgur.com/u5BQbgt.png

1 Like

So I deleted my post accidentally, but thank you!

Ok so I thought you would appreciate this. A dude showed this in another thread, but oh my lawd.

https://clips.twitch.tv/OriginalAntsyHedgehogPunchTrees

3 Likes

I was just wondering whether all these Torghast skills would stack with eachother, because there’s some really silly-looking/broken combos.

Kairoz had the wrong idea.
This is how one becomes infinite!

2 Likes

I’d love it if some stayed broken and instead punished players for being reckless. This mage one is just top tier great.

Sidenote, Aviala, you and Grandblade are the best Story Forum posters <3

1 Like

It’d be fun to have some equally-silly caps on these abilities, such as making a rising % chance that the more copies you have, the more likely one will be an “evil twin” that attacks you.

And d’aww, thanks.

1 Like

Oh…oh oh…oh my heart…oh… it’s beautiful.

3 Likes

Peak mage immersion.

2 Likes

Speculation from /r/warcraftlore:

I’ve been watching streamers play the Alpha. I believe Asmongold was the first person I saw suggest this.

The beginning of the storyline in Bastion seems to focus on trying to convince you that you are dead. What if, when Sargeras stabbed his sword into Silithus, he awoke Azeroth (the Titan) and everyone on the planet is now actually dead. But, through the benevolence of a higher power (Azeroth? Elune? the Arbiter?) everyone’s spirit was placed into something like the Matrix, and BFA was a lie this whole time. Then the Jailer tells Sylvanas about this and she breaks everyone out of the lie and is only showing everyone the truth.

Yeah…BfA was bad but I would be pissed if they did a Dallas and erased an entire season/expansion. Do we wake up and Saurfang is in the shower and everything is fine?

Not going to happen, plain and simple. There’s a lot of reasons why, but paramount is production value that went into BfA’s presentation. Another is that allied races wouldn’t be here thus taking away player races.