[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

The two that are a bit confusing to me are Divine Storm and Blade Storm. Thematically, these two should probably hit all around them. If not Divine Storm, then Blade Storm at the very least.

Didn’t know it used to have that cap. A reduction in damage for the number of enemies hit does make sense.

Do you mean from a gameplay-perspective or, like, a physics-based perspective?

Because if it’s the latter, we’re gonna be here awhile, but if it’s the former, I concur that it’d be cool if there were a few abilities that could go beyond the limit.

it kind of registers as blizzard taking a hammer even to problems that aren’t nails. i’d personally just target the outliers with the cap and leave everyone else alone, like i think havoc’s dumb kit should have a cap but agree with you that bladestorm seems like a weird one to limit

1 Like

This one lol.

I mean, couldn’t you explain that away as some creatures dodging or parrying? You’d have to expect that an ability called “Bladestorm” is not going to be revered for its accuracy.

I’m thinking more of the momentum of this dude spinning in a circle with two heavy weapons lol. Then again, why are these enemies just gonna stand in this dude spinning in circles with two ballin’ weapons.

I don’t like it. I don’t enjoy having my farming ruined and I really am going to miss being a pile of damage in a big group of enemies in PVP or PVE situations. Nothing more satisfying than popping a bladestorm and whirling around causing grief.

I don’t want to get too real here, but I actually think a guy spinning in a circle in real life isn’t going to be too effective in combat. Probably funny, though.

The man would have a dizzy debuff.

The current feedback from people is to not have the cap outside of instanced content.

Oh my god, we can’t open this box.

Fire Mages now get overheated and have to sit down and have a smoothie before they can continue.

Holy Priests can become stricken with doubt debuff after watching a teammate die and now have to spend a day in prayer to convince themselves the Light is real.

That face when you kind of want more RPG elements to happen but know that the community would implode.

God so this actually sounds like something Blizzard could totally play with.

That’s generally when AOE is done the most. Kinda makes legacy content farming less fun if you can’t AOE properly. If anything not having the cap inside instanced content but out in the world is what I would expect them to want to do so there aren’t any get-rich-quick 2 x 4 farming schemes popping up within days in the outer world content

fire mages get overheated but they can vent their overcharge by burning hp. otherwise they just have to let it vent naturally but can speed it up by meleeing.

1 Like

Assuming that they want to keep capping these and they’re hell bent on doing so, do you think it would be confusing to people if they saw the cap removed in Legacy and outside content?

Speaking of gameplay changes, im also excited to be effectively getting afflics previous soul drain mechanic

It was never the same once they took it out

Causes of Fire Mages overheating:
-Casting too much magic
-Being surrounded by flames
-Getting a “hello” from the cute Hunter in the next group
-Massive social embarrassment

1 Like

No we gotta my hero academia this

Fire mages overheat and need to cast ice spells to cool down

And vice versa

Ok so Bastion has wheat fields that can completely bury your Goblin/Gnome LOL

Imgur

3 Likes

time to play through all of bastion in first person as a goblin

wow Enekie, I can’t believe you would mock my play style in front of everyone like this

1 Like