[Spoilers] Shadowlands Alpha Thread

Te’zan sounds like he could/should be an ancestor of Zen’kiki.

1 Like

Interesting that this ‘alien’ Wild God could not be simply transplanted to a new world, and instead became repurposed as a defender of Ardenweld.

“It is not done.”

So does that mean the Wild Gods of Azeroth can only be reborn if there’s a sufficient amount of souls to be consumed for their resurrection, and their ‘domain’ on Azeroth remains intact enough to support them?

That actually adds a very dark angle as to why the Wild Gods never came to the aid of the Night Elves, after Cenarius got his proverbials pushed in and the other Wild Gods got slain to purge them of the Nightmare’s corruption, how many of them are ‘stuck’ in Ardenweld, without enough anima from souls to come back to our realm because of the shenanigans involving the Maw.

That’s going to be an ugly confrontation between Malfurion, Tyrande and the Wild Gods. All the souls of the dead Night Elves, either to be resurrected by Elune and Tyrande or consumed by Malfurion to revive the Wild Gods.

5 Likes

Im excited for new wild gods lore

And how well it meshes with the drust and theyre usage of soul magic

Apparently theyve been doing it right all along

1 Like

This is a really interesting theory honestly. I like it actually… I just don’t think Blizzard has thought that much into it.

1 Like

The souls aren’t actually consumed in their entirety. Mortal souls are given the form of a spirit animal (like Te’zan), and they donate only bits and pieces of their anima to revive the Wild Gods. They’re allowed to keep most of it so they can enjoy their afterlife in peace.

Also, I don’t think it matters that the souls come from the same world as the Wild God—I think Aliothe can’t go back because they’ve bound themself to Ardenweald as a Droman (although this is just my interpretation, not something that’s explicitly stated). They say “[e]ven if I had a home to return to, I could not,” which suggests that their inability to leave the Shadowlands is not tied to the destruction of their home world.

1 Like

Class Changes:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-shaman-class-changes/490695/101

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-mage-class-changes/490704/47

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-death-knight-class-changes/490709/75

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-warlock-class-changes/490693/70

@Zogdor
Shimmer is getting 2 charges back for all specs. Looks like they’re focusing on fire at the moment since they keep balancing it, hopefully we’ll get Arcane updates soon

1 Like
1 Like

It’s look like Anub’arak isn’t going to make an appearance. Truly disappointed :frowning:

1 Like

Based on strings, tauren are getting a lot of new options this build. Eye Color, Earrings, Necklaces, Headdress, Piercings, Bodypaint Style, Facepaint Style, Paint Color, and Fringe/Bangs are totally new options, and there’s some new things for the existing options of Hair, Skin Color, Horn Style, and Facial Hair.

1 Like

THANK GOODNESS

…Ahem. As someone who rolled a tauren her first time out and has struggled to ever make another because of their heinous lack of customization, this is the news I needed to hear.

1 Like

NEW Flower Braids
Tauren Female - Hair

Curtain Flower
Tauren Female - Bangs
Parted Flower
Tauren Female - Bangs

Tauren getting flowers in their hair?!

looks like more meat options are on the menu boys

Blonde Tauren with flowers in their hair.

The women are getting a nose piercing as well :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

its a good time to raise a sunwalker these days

need me a flower covered hammer wielding paladin

1 Like
  • NEW Stage 10: Tyrande Whisperwind’s Refusal
    The battle is won, but what of Tyrande?

• NEW Stage 11: Salvation of the Night Elves
    Tyrande is gone, but you can still save the group of night elves trapped in the Maw.

Uh…so either Tyrande is missing or she is dead. With the context given, sounds more like she’s perishing.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/choose-your-druid-shapeshift-appearances-in-the-barber-shop/552647

In Shadowlands, Druids can travel to their local Barber Shop and now choose their Bear and Cat Form appearances separately from their character’s hair or fur color. This addition to the Barber Shop services will also include the option to select Bear and Cat Form Artifact appearances so all Druid specs can have the choice to shapeshift into their unlocked Artifact appearances and allow Guardian and Feral Druids to have more choices with weapon transmogs when choosing their Artifact forms.

The Barber Shop will also allow Druids to select their favorite Aquatic, Flight and Travel Forms so that they will no longer require switching glyphs to change the animal forms. These glyphs will now become a one-time use to unlock the appearance and switch the forms easily at the Barber Shop.

What colors and forms do you plan to have for your Druid?

1 Like

Oh my god the flowers in the Tauren hair were displayed on the stream and they look like happy poppies. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No bull nose piercing option…only left or right :sob:

Wow… just wow.

Blizzard: Let’s genocide the Night Elves, have Tyrande gain a useless power and fail to save her people from being raised into undeath, OH and have it so that all those innocent Night Elves (men, women, and children) are condemned to suffer eternally in the Maw. Sound good? What? Oh right of course, let’s then kill off Tyrande too to never let her get retribution for her people. Makes sense!

I literally half expect them to now redeem Sylvanas in some way and justify her genocide. What is this crap writing?

This is speculation but someone mentioned something in the Story Forums that I absolutely loved and it was “Tyrande is staying to hunt down Sylvanas” which does make sense since her and the Jailer are in the Maw.

2 Likes

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/news=316414/tauren-female-shadowlands-character-customization-options-added-in-shadowlands-a