[Spoilers] Night elves should leave the alliance in 8.2.5

Stop that right now Amadis!

4 Likes

I’d be fine with the night elves leaving the Alliance to continue the war with the Horde, Only if they also allow alliance champions a chance to side with them to fight it as well.

I can imagine not many would choose to play with Anduins high king run peace brigrade along side baine and co.

Between Anduin and Jaina, we truly are entering some kind of bizzaro world phase of the Alliance.

Driven by tradition, the Alliance consists of powerful cultures and groups bound not by desperation or necessity, but by their deep commitments to abstract concepts like nobility, honor, faith, justice, and sacrifice.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Alliance

• There’s no honor in treating with genocidal monsters.
  • Doing so is an exceedingly bad show of faith towards the Night Elves (and Gilneans).
  • Doing so also denies the Night Elves justice (alongside the equally bad denials of such for the Gilneans, and any surviving Theramorans and people of Southshore). And disgustingly disrespectful to those who sacrificed their lives to hold the monsters at bay.

There’s a certain degree of irony in the fact that, if the writers allow the Night Warrior to continue whipping the Night Elves up into a frenzy, the once-oulier Night Elves become the most steadfast adherents of the Alliance’s ideals.

1 Like

Leaving the Alliance at this time is a poor choice since the Night Elves are in a terrible position. Either they stay and ride it out until they’re recovered somewhat or keep pressing until the Horde is effectively no longer a threat – impossible with the current game mechanics – and then leave.

That’s if the Night Elves should leave at all. (I’m not strictly against the idea.) But it would feel better to remain as part of the Alliance if we weren’t all human vassals.

GET RID OF THE DAMN HIGH KING! or at least give the position to one of the other racial leaders.

It would be a surprise if Derek wasn’t the bomb.

2 Likes

But Etheldald. The Night Elves have been part of the Alliance since Vanilla. Taking them out of the Faction would kind of ruin the original 4 races back in Vanilla.

Its like the Horde without the Tauren or the Undead in General.

The end of this Expac could have the Honor horde/Anduin’s alliance allied though. Nightelves forsaken could seperate from their allies and be the factions still at war. Thus allowing PVP to continue while giving the imitation of peace and allowing the faction divide to disappear.

Though the concept makes me sick thinking the Alliance would not support the Night elves. I just wish the Alliance would just get rid of Anduin so we could have a proper war.

wut?
i don’t want the nelfs to leave, and i am sure that they won’t either.

all what i want is that they prove me that they have personality and bring conflict so we can differenciate the characters.

if not, then everyone will just be an anduin variant.

a roster so rich in characters like the alliance… reduced to nothing.

I doubt they’ll just have the night elves leave, they are a player race after all.

Make it so that Tyrande and Malfurion choose to remain on Kalimdor and keep fighting the Horde instead of accepting whatever peace treaty gets signed more likely.

The only downside to this is that this will effectively put the night elves on a bus until they feel the need to bring back a faction war. Because let’s be real here, if the night elves continue to fight in Kalimdor without the bulk of the Alliance, then that means they will not have any serious contribution to the story unless it it’s quest fodder for new Horde toons. And while this will be seen as a net positive compared to the constantly “Help Horde is attacking us again!” state the night elves are in now, it would also mean they wouldn’t have a chance to do anything again unless it was faction war specific.

1 Like

That’s why Blizzard has been forcibly reshaping them into hippie high elf substitutes since Vanilla. No conflict is allowed in the Alliance dojo, so retcons ahoy!

2 Likes

I get your point.

The Night Elves as of late haven’t gotten better respect due to the fact they have been treated like dirt. Its not just them through. Its everyone that isn’t human like the Draeneis, Dwarves, Gnomes, High/Void Elves and etc.

I would like to atleast have more Alliance Races get some more screentime than Humans of 3 kind. I don’t mind the Humans but even then I just want variety of races within the Alliance other than the Same old boring Warcraft 1 Theme of Humans.

I’m pretty sure most folks on the Horde side would probably feel the same thing about the orcs as well.

2 Likes

what really gets me is that blizzard is robbing all characters from all personality traits to make them basically anduins.

in this point in time, was is the difference between anduin and jaina?
or calia? isn’t she now basically anduin and jaina combined?
what about genn? he is not longer the angry wolf but rather anduins pet?

And velen? he is super pacifist now.
What about turalyon?.. i can go all day.

1 Like

dissolve the factions !!

1 Like

not before the night elves got something out of this whole thing.

2 Likes

If the purple waifus left I would cry.

1 Like

He always HAS been. That’s why he refused the offer that his brothers accepted. That’s why he left Argus rather than confront them. Valen has been playing the Running Man game for over 25,000 years.

1 Like

This means that if you’ve EVER been suspended for any reason, kiss the idea of Trust Level 3 goodbye, just like a ex-felon trying to get his Floridian rights to vote back.

1 Like

Let’s not forget his response to a bunch of primitive brown brutes randomly deciding to slaughter his purple tentacle aliens their cities was to invite them to a peaceful meeting at their sacred mountain, unarmed.

Tbh I hope they leave the Alliance just so that I can camp them in wpvp on my human DK.

:man_shrugging:

No… it means the War Campaign is going to end… nothing more than that.

Yep, already lost that privilege long ago because I acted a wee bit too much like my foulmouthed Rogue character.