[Spoilers] Looks like more villain bat

I mean, it’s not changing honor, it’s what honor means to a different person. That’s what I mean by honor is not a 1 and done idea. Many members of the Horde believe in different versions of honor.

The definition for honor is; the quality of knowing and doing what is morally right.
But that is very much upto the individual. Like, personally, I believe the morally right thing to do is to do anything and everything, no matter how bad, to make sure you and those you care about survive, as doing anything less is a moral failing to those you have obligations to, the ends justify the means which is honestly what I believe is Sylvanas’s idea (Please I do not want to get into an argument over Sylvanas not caring and all that) for the Horde, which obviously clashes with the other “versions” of the Horde which believe different things are moral and right. Honor isnt being changed, honor as a concept naturally changes from person to person and when someone who believes honor is different to someone else gets a position of absolute authority, we get the different versions of the Horde, that are internally consistent with themselves, but not to the other versions of the Horde, like Garrosh’s Horde to Thralls.

1 Like

Nobody gets straight up wins. Ever.

You frame the Horde as getting these imaginary, undisputed victories. If that is the case , then why is the current raid happening in a Horde city? Again? Why are we told, in-game, that the Alliance is weeks from winning? Why is the Horde in the midst of another civil war?

You also cherry pick your evidence. For example, you claim that the events leading up to Darkshore were straight-up victories for the Horde, yet seem unaware that we are directly told that, in spite pf a massive numbers advantage, the Horde suffered 7:1 casualties against the few Night Elf defenders. 7:1! And painting Teldrassil as some great Horde victory is appalling. That was a massive Horde failure with dire consequences. Immediate consequences when Tirasfel and Undercity are annihilated, and long-term consequences that are tearing the Horde apart.

18 Likes

We’re getting another civil war because everything was pegged on Garrosh last time, so this time we have to deal with the real issues in the Horde by pegging it all on Sylvanas and…Wait.

Also killing the Horde is a win, so they thought “Why not let the horde do it to?”

1 Like

i am convinced blizzard only knows how to do 3 stories and none of them are good

10 Likes

Amen to that good pupper.

1 Like

Getting back to the SWTOR comparison again, the big difference is that game tracks your personal morality separately from your faction’s morality. You can play a wonderful person who happens to be in the Empire or a horrible person who happens to be in the Republic, if you want. WoW doesn’t do that, and I don’t mind that it doesn’t do that–but if they’re not going to have the separate system, they shouldn’t force only one side to play villains for the other.

16 Likes

swtor also allows you to have fun being evil, while wow shames you for it. if wow gave you the choice whether to be good or evil and let you have fun if you choose to be evil, i dont think it would be such a big problem

i played dark side sith inquisitor and it was a lot of fun to me

8 Likes

That’s one of the biggest points of why I think this story is so awful for all parties involved. Even the evil people don’t get to enjoy what they’re doing cause the narrative yells at you, the honor bois don’t get to enjoy it cause they have to do evil things, the human paladins dont like it cause they don’t get to go full deus vult on the impure heathens, and the, I guess I’ll call it night elf side? of the alliance don’t get to like it cause you can’t get real retribution for the god awful things done to you.

14 Likes

Its like they think their writing a novel, not a video game. They base the story around Jaina and Baine, have Sylvanas be the main antagonist of the evil empire they need to stop.

9 Likes

I honestly, honestly wonder what they will do once they’re out of Horde characters to do evil stuff with.

7 Likes

make new ones to villain bat?

1 Like

That’s easy! They’ll just make someone else evil!

Boy, oh boy! I can’t wait for Warchief Oculeth to decide that Azeroth would be better off being teleported into the Void.

6 Likes

Is it bad I really want that expac? If only just to see the dumpster fire that lead to Oculeth being in charge.

1 Like

Well, if we go by the pattern we need a strong spiritual leader that comes beforehand to put him there. Warchief Haamul Runetotem probably did it thinking the Earthmother told him to.

“Haamul is dead…Who well help me warp deliver Withered to avenge him?” The five Horde characters left cheer

8 Likes

I feel a disturbance in the Force. Like the Story team has just had a horrible idea.

We’ve made a terrible mistake.

12 Likes

I’ll be real with you, whatever dumbass ideas we come up with, going by BfA, is better then anything this current story team could put out.

8 Likes

Yup pretty much, god forbid blizzard actually gives horde players a decent story

Horde pc is forced play under a evil warchief again.
Horde of will be forced to fight its own factions. Horde pc of will raid their own city, kill their own characters.
In the end horde will survive because allaince allows it to. Great job blizzard that’s exactly what the horde player signed up for.

Why don’t you change the horde’s description? Villains, loot piñatas and occasionally be the good guys when working under allaince heros.

12 Likes

Bottom line, the old gods are the Horde’s fault too and the villain bat keeps hitting.

No they are not. The Void Lords sent them to Azeroth to take over her world-soul so they can use it to destroy the Pantheon and the Light.

Way long before any of the races existed, the first Old God to appear was Y’Shaarj, and it built an enitre city called the Black Empire while the Elements of Fire (led by Ragnaros), Wind, Water, and Earth fought to kill them and save Azeroth.

she is referring than the horde PC delivers the old god dagger to sylvanas and send both fleets to the azshara trap who will release n’zoth.

3 Likes