Spoilers 8.3 Ashvane and the Banshee

Apparently datamined broadcast text has Ashvane saying “Fools, puppets… The Banshee baited you to your own slaughter.” And frankly that shimmies my jimbos just a touch, since I’m pretty sure I made it clear that my Hordie is perfectly willing to dive off a cliff when the Banshee says jump, and I just don’t appreciate the lack of trust there.

Well there seem to at least be hints that Sylvie and Azshe are playing footsie under the table, but my research isn’t exhaustive, and I’m sure it’s a little more complicated than that.

Hopefully.

Blizz.

Anyway, what do you all think is the most likely relationship between boring-hair Kerrigan and underwater Overmind, and what evidence have you got?

1 Like

Sylvanas made a deal with Helya and Helya’s servants the Soultakers(World Boss in Stormheim) serve N’Zoth according to the lady inside Xal’atath so obviously Sylvanas’s deal put her into N’Zoth’s service.

These three have enjoyed the secret favor of N’Zoth for long enough. Sadly, their breathing days are done.

Sylvanas is a willing servant not a brainwashed servant like Kerrigan. Of course being a willing servant and immune to insanity means that she is susceptible to her emotions where a mind controlled servant wouldn’t be which is why she spared Alleria(something the Void knew and thus tried to get Alleria to force her hand).

14 Likes

:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

4 Likes

I’m so proud of the Horde for being a bunch of stupid sheepies. Having had to rebel and doubt our leaders just a handful of months before, I’m so glad we once again are written to be mindless dumb animals that can’t learn.

Faction pride.

23 Likes

To be fair it was actually over a year ago… and at least you aren’t being led by the biggest dumbass in WoW, Anduin.

2 Likes

It’s enough to drive a mostly-dead lady to drink.

Oh well, though. Sheep are cute and provide many useful products, all while quietly warming the world to catastrophic levels with their farts.

It’s all about perspective, you know.

Original Text:

Today the smoke rose from my campfire and took form.

A shepherd, cloaked in the shadows of her past, beloved by a flock of blind sheep.

She guided them over a cliff. Even as they crashed upon the rocks, they never doubted her.

The crows grew fat upon sheep flesh. Her laughter echoed all around.

Oh … and btw, if you run around the Helya Area in Stormheim, those trash mobs will sometimes yell out “The Crows will feast tonight”.

7 Likes

This is Azshara, specifically the Azshara Warbringer. Not Sylvanas.

It is Azshara who is 1) cloaked in the shadow of being Queen of the Night Elves 2) beloved by her people whom she has already 3) guided over a cliff and the 4) never doubted her because they still follow her as Naga. She sacrifices her people to us because she wants us to raid her palace, she needs us to unlock N’zoth’s prison, the Naga we fight to get there are expendable. We are the Crows in this scenario.

And “Her laughter echoed all around” is literally what Azshara does all the time, including in the Warbringer where it “echoes”.

Sylvanas doesn’t laugh.

3 Likes

Azshara is not cloaked in the shadows of her past, nor are her people blind. They know exactly what she is and what forces they serve. They love her despite that … or perhaps because of that now (also, from what Ashvane suggests it was Sylvanas that facilitated our detour into Nazjatar; though I suspect that is too literal an interpretation for the word “cliff”). More, she led willingly led her sheep to their deaths … and while Sylvanas may not laugh … the “Crows” certainly do.

Regardless, it is very possible that Sylvanas will betray the Horde in the service of whatever “true objectives” she has in her head; and I would wager she’s also going to betray the Forsaken in some fundamental way by the end of BfA.

2 Likes

Well I will admit that Sylvanas and Azshara share a lot of similarities so a lot of the Old God prophecies are equally applicable. The thing is…Sylvanas tells us the plan exactly (according to the VA dialogue that came out today), including that it will cost a lot of Horde casualties alongside Alliance. We know it’s going to destroy the ships before we ever even leave.

Compare that to Azshara inviting in the Burning Legion, a much starker cliff…“Help us! Save us Queen”…I’ll save you, by pledging your immortal souls to an Old God.

Again … I think you’re taking the word “cliff” too literally. I think the “cliff” is this war, and she led her blind sheep right off of it; feeding us to the crows.

1 Like

But we’re not blind sheep. Azshara’s people were blind sheep because they had no idea what was happening to them. The Horde plans and enthusiastically implements the war with the Alliance, including Saurfang. Baine was fine with the war until Derek. The player character gives Sylvanas Xalatath, with some players even secretly on N’zoths side. We’re anything but blind.

Also we win, overwhelmingly. And Azshara wants us to win. We are not being eaten by crows, if the Naga are the crows then we are eating them.

I think it means blind as in everyone is doing exactly what Sylvanas wants without knowing her true goal. Everyone thinks they are following her into the war, but really she has her own agenda that no one knows about.

4 Likes

That’s the assumption on the player base’s part. I think Sylvanas has been pretty open about her goals. Destroy the Alliance before they inevitably become more powerful than the Horde, including burning Stormwind to the ground and turning every human into a Forsaken.

Is that not well known? Didn’t Saurfang and Sylvanas discuss this ahead of time in A Good War?

I doubt she mentioned wanting to kill and raise everyone in Stormwind into Forsaken. That doesn’t seem like something Saurfang would agree with given what happened to his son.

Also in the Windrunner comic Sylvanas states, “In the end everyone will serve me in death.” Which I highly doubt she has told anyone in the Horde. So… yeah I feel like she has her own agenda.

Yes … nothing like “A Good War” where she literally states she has “True Objectives” in her internal dialouge. Objectives she apparently believed would not only turn Saurfang against her eventually (or make him a close ally, seeing the “World as it really is” … but also that entities “LIKE Elune” might try to get in her way. Yeah … she’s just the super open type.

2 Likes

Looks more like Kerrigan 2.0 every day

1 Like

Ah, it must be in BtS where we get her internal monologue about turning the humans of Stormwind into Forsaken because I distinctly remember that part. I just put two and two together, but I suppose it is correct that she never says this out loud to any of her cohorts.

The real question everyone should be asking is “why does Sylvanas want N’zoth released?”

We also had this before that in the original text:

Last night I dreamt of two great armadas clashing upon an ocean of blood.

Shadows writhing beneath them, rising. Rising. I smiled in my sleep.

Which all matches up with the latest datamining with Sylvanas saying:

Nathanos. The next phase of our campaign is at hand.
    Sail out with what remains of our fleet. The blade will guide you to the rendezvous.
    Casualties on both sides will be substantial. Consider this an opportunity to weed out the disloyal.
2 Likes