[Spoiler]Judgement of Sylvanas

He still trying to make me out to be the big bad boogie man? I would be mad if he wasn’t so laughably see through with his abuse and gaslighting tactics.

He’s a sad little man with a napoleon complex

3 Likes

You are the Big Bad Wolf, Micah!

1 Like

What’s funny is, he asked for proof of his abuse towards people, you provided it and he still had the audacity to deny his own quotes

3 Likes

If interacting with him causes you such stress and makes you suspicious of interacting with others, then I say just block him. You won’t get anywhere with people who argue in bad faith.

3 Likes

Because that’s how abusive people act. “You’re taking me out of context”, “that wasn’t even mean”, “you started it by saying a thing I didn’t like”, so on and so forth. They try and gaslight you about their abuse and pretend the problem is really you.

7 Likes

I did reblock him. He tried to be friendly with me, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but I won’t make that mistake anymore. He’s now blocked forever.

3 Likes

To note, while Renautus admitted to having crossed the line when having a conversation with me, Renautus has not actually apologized for nor recanted the statement, only apologized for it coming off as mean.

1 Like

I’m sorry.

10 Likes

How could you say this when demonstrably you have done it here?
At what point does this personal attack actually become a description of the actual behavior? Also you have a very loose description of what constitutes personal attacks.

I don’t call you names.
You do call me names though… you are claiming what I said above are personal attacks and so you are permitted to call me a child, illiterate, sexist, mysognist, harrasser and etc and etc.
Those are personal attacks.
Did I ever say that to you? Did I ever describe you as such? I don’t think I ever have.

Do I ever sound curt? Sure, do I sometimes just skim through a long post and maybe misunderstand something? Yeah guilty. I am trying to make myself do better in that regard.
But I have never ever permitted myself to talk to someone the way you talk to me.

3 Likes

You can’t get out of this with semantics.

6 Likes

“I don’t insult you, I insult how you express yourself.”

Oi vey.

You can start by owning your part.

Instead, you act self righteous and sanctimonious.

So you are insulting, but in a different way.

7 Likes

Funny part is, this isn’t the first time he’s been called out on his toxic behavior. He still trying to convince people me and ren are the bad guys and he’s the victim

People with little man syndrome are just sad little dudes

4 Likes

It was never my intention to single you out and although one of the instances was in response to what I thought to be a pretty callous comment directed at Amadis (which has since been addressed between the two of you), there were other instances where it was fuelled by frustration. I’m sorry for that.

I can understand that, at the same time if somebody is putting time and effort into their responses then it’s generally nice to hold a bit of respect for that time they’ve put into discussing the topic with you.

We’re all people here. While you absolutely do not have any obligation to respond or communicate your side of the situation, it’s a nice thing to do. Of course if you’re dealing with bad faith or antagonism then it’s perfectly understandable to just disconnect, but that was never really my intent.

I get that, and had you have communicated that you no longer wanted to discuss it I absolutely would have respected those wishes. But the justification I was provided with was that you didn’t know me and so that somehow made me unworthy of openly engaging with - I hope you can understand how that would come across as confusing.

I would like to highlight that at no point did I ever expect for you to disregard or throw away your own interpretation, in fact I went to great lengths to ensure that I was clear in how valid your (and Death’s) perception was. All I was wanting was to show you how others might perceive the interactions between them so that moving forward you could have that context.

I explicitly stated at the end that while your interpretation was valid, that I hoped you could now see the validity in another perspective.

I never wanted you to drop your own interpretation, just acknowledge the validity of people who don’t interpret it the same way such as myself. Even if that was just clarifying your position as not being that yours was the only valid interpretation, in which case I just wanted to bring attention to your framing of that perception which felt like it was a touch “final”.

That’s perfectly valid and had this been communicated to me earlier I would have understood without a doubt. I appreciate having it communicated now.

I try not to involve myself in pile-ons, like I said to Zahir I’m not here for drama I just want to discuss topics openly. Which is why when others tried to involve me in their own fights I made it clear I wasn’t interested.

I see that I have regardless, which leaves me a bit disappointed in myself.

I do, and I hope you can appreciate that I never meant to cause harm.

I appreciate that, I would like to point out that some of your comments and how you framed it did not communicate this to me.

Particularly that last sentence seems to hold the connotation that if that opinion is not shared then you’re not seeing it right, to me.

I wanted to provide the context for why people might not feel the same way and the logic behind it. All I have is what you write down to go off and more subtle tone can be hard to interpret through text. It seems that I subsequently misinterpreted your intentions.

3 Likes

The term fit what they were doing.
And thats all I commented on… on what they did rather than make commentary on who they are as a person.
And yes you can criticise what people do rather than call them all sorts of names.

I didn’t say anything inflamatory before I started being called a sexist, illterate and whatever else. You can go back and look.

After being accused of all those things I describe their actions as what it was. The definition fits and the timeline matters here.
I was once told that maybe I don’t give a post enough time to fully read it through. I recognized that and I tried to do better.

The thing is though I can’t take criticism of being called something when they are doing the exact same thing they accuse me of.

The rule I set for myself is to not name call, make a negative characterization of their character for preferences or opinions different than my own but rather their action. What they do is fair game.

So if someone liked Sylvanas to burn the Night Elves and thought it was super cool I would not think they apply this in real life.
So no they aren’t immoral, messed up, heartless or whatever. Until they actually do say those things and then thats a different scenario.

2 Likes

The reason why I didn’t want to continue to push the topic was because feminist revision of the definition would have opened political discussions and potential attacks on feminism, and I’ve found that it only causes undue hosility bringing up gender politics in this fandom.

It’s not that I don’t know you, nor are you unworthy of talking to, I apologize for making you feel that way. You are very respectful and everyone is right, you engage in good faith. I was the one in the wrong here, not you.

I understand that you have a different interpretation of Sylvanas and Arthas’s dynamic. I just don’t find value in arguing it because Steve Danuser confirmed the subtext is there, they are writing her character with that subtext in mind. I can’t find his tweet atm to show you, it was over a year ago and I was too busy at work to provide sources and back up my statements, and I can’t post links I don’t have the trust level.

There’s nothing to misinterpret in the text or subtext. As far as I’m concerned it’s black and white.

So, one thing I wanna clear up, for those who don’t really know me here. I started posting here around 2020 full time. During that time, I’ve said some things that definitely haven’t aged well and I regret ever saying.

Some people here call that flip-flopping. But I call that maturing and realizing things you say can have a negative effect. I been trying to do better this last year or so, mostly by avoiding certain topics I don’t feel like discussing.

Just thought I thought throw that out there. Take it as you will.

9 Likes

We are on opposite sides of most lore debates, but you have been pretty fair and respectful to me, so I respond in kind.

I wonder what it takes to garner your ire, because we disagree on most things, but we are agreeable about it.

Others seem to call you rude and such. I don’t see it. But I guess my scale is set to “me”.

3 Likes

Imo you have to be less funny, you are setting the bar too high for everyone else. Tone it down a bit eh.

I’m just kidding, keep being yourself.

3 Likes

I can take most things, it’s just when it things get personal, that it irks me. I respect you because you always been reasonable and respectful towards me, even like you said when we disagree 90% of the time.

Plus I find your often dry sense of humor hilarious. My grandfather had the same kind of humor. I get along with most people here. Can I be rude? Yeah, it’s happened before, but it’s usually because it’s in response to something someone said about me.

I like you Curse, we might not be friends per se, but I do respect the hell out you. It means a lot that we can discuss things in a civil manner, even hot button topics

3 Likes

I have a question for you.

Had I explained that rape isn’t about the act if penteration but 1. Power/ Gratification 2. Violence 3. Humiliation/Fear. Would you have thrown out your own clinical definition of rape and see the subtext for yourself?

You just wanted others to see your pov. I still am not conviced you were willing to suspend your own interpretation to see my PoV.

Would you agree that when turing Sylvanas into a banshee Arthas successfully accomplished those three things listed above?

Let’s throw aside the fact that I consider “violate” as a definitive word choice by the writers.

LITERARY definition:

rape or sexually assault (someone).

If you wanted to present Arthas’s ulterior motives than the three listed above, that would be great, that would give me something to consider.

4 Likes