Spoiler: Garrosh Hellscream

Yall are forgetting that if you refuse to learn humility and let go of your sins in Revendreth, you are tossed into the Maw.

We don’t see Garrosh at any point during Leveling or Covenant questing

That means he isn’t in Revendreth anymore

So either he was purified quickly (Revendreth takes centuries, but Shadowlands has time dilation) or he refused to admit any wrongdoing and Denathrius/the Accuser fed him to the Maw.

14 Likes

The future was just Nozdormu’s point of view. /eyeroll

Not necessarily. He simply could be there but isn’t shown. There an endless list of people that did back and probably want to repent, can’t show them all.

Kael is just going through his atonement now, Garrosh might have a ticket to get tortured for 5 years due to the backlog.

1 Like

They’d show him if he was there given relevancy, or at least mention. I suppose he might be in a cell in the Halls of Atonement.

Garrosh is the only good character from wow.

2 Likes

Everytime Garrosh comes up, there’s a lot of misunderstandings that stem from limited perspectives.
Unfortunately, to understand Garrosh you need to look behind the scenes.

Garrosh was planned to be a flawed character who got a redemption arc and became a hero. This is what his character was about from BC to the first half of Cataclysm. Garrosh was not planned to be a villain until he was written to be a villain in MoP.

There’s not only ample hints at this in game, but there are, rather explicitly, quotes from developers saying as much.

But that said, since then, Blizzard have been quietly retconning and removing content to make Garrosh seem like he was always planned to be a villain. These are lies. See linked thread.

There’s two theories as to why he became a villain:

1. For WoD to happen so they could cash in on the Warcraft movie.
  2. Because a lot of players didn’t like Garrosh because he was mean to them in BC or Wrath (it’s worth noting that completing the full Horde Nagrand questchain actually changes Garrosh’s dialogue towards your character so that he’s actually respectful, but I digress).

But, in typical Blizzard fashion, it’s possible that what we’re seeing is a second reversal.
A lot of players remembered what Garrosh was supposed to be and expressed misgivings. It looks especially bad after doing the same thing with Sylvanas.
It’s possible that the Timelines line and Shadowlands will finally give some closure to a character they wasted because they thought Grom was cool.

5 Likes

Is actually been on my list for a while. Maybe I’ll pick it up before Shadowlands.

Im just gonna leave this prediction here now that im less hyped and i can see modern blizz doing this.

In 'Afterlives" Garrosh will be tortured and pay for his sins, get turned into a vampire dude and then thrown into the sunlight.

5 Likes

According to Chronicle Volume 3 Kel’Thuzad’s soul was rumored to have become lost to the Shadowlands, despite the fact his phylactery was unaccounted. So instead of following the correct path of the death system, Kel’Thuzad could have been stolen by the Jailer and then sent by him into Maldraxxus.

Thus I don’t think that he’s the best example here.

Now in regards in Garrosh… I do think that Revendreth is a fitting place for him but his inability to admit fault, that he was in the wrong, and his massive pride could easily have caused him fail the tests and get sent to the Maw as a result.

Who knows maybe the Garrosh cameo in the trailer is the Venthyr showing Kael’thas his ultimately fate if he fails to let go of his sins and stuff.

4 Likes

A lot of players didn’t like Garrosh because he killed Cairne. I know people who didn’t care about the circumstances but that only Garrosh wielded the ax that ended Cairne’s life.

3 Likes

I know that it might bloat the storyline with too many characters, but it’d be neat if we saw him find redemption and meet up with his father (presumably in Maldraxxus).

2 Likes

I would LOOVE to meet MU Gromm

1 Like

Ah, good catch. He was probably a ‘plant’ so to speak, since they specificslly call him a “Maldraxxus lich” or at least it was something that implied he spawned there. That dastardly jailer.

2 Likes

I have this headcanon that Vashj went to Revendreth first and after succeeding in her “redemption”, she was sent to Maldraxxus.

1 Like

Its just Golden’s Hackneyed writing that she believes Garrosh could have been redeemed because he was a character she wrote for.

Though I would be more interested in him refusing the repent still and suffering for it than caving in. He would prefer eternal torment to admitting he was wrong.

I mean people get angry the Idea Arthas could be redeemed and he had done far less than Garrosh when he still had a soul.

The Maw is reserved for the absolute worst in all creation, and also those who are threats to the Shadowlands. Garrosh was a bad guy, but if Kael’thas isn’t in the Maw, then he sure as hell(scream) wouldn’t be.

He certainly wasn’t as bad as Arthas. People forget how absolutely horrific raising people into undeath is, and tormenting their souls. I suggest reading the Kel’thuzzad short story to get an idea of what Arthas inflicted on hundreds of thousands of people. One scene in particular is of a woman dying to the plague, being raised into undeath, and then killing and eating her husband while still self-aware, crying as she does so. It’s absolutely brutal and drives home just how much worse the Scourge is compared to nearly anything else we’ve fought in terms of sheer evil.

13 Likes

OH YEAHHHHh HES BACK

I hope that he will stay there … We had already Garrosh and Garrosh 2 … Garrosh 3 would be too much

1 Like

Give me back the Stonetalon Garrosh and that’s how it should be.
A redemption arch would be nice.
I am glad to see Garrosh in the Shadowlands.

2 Likes

According to new lines from Uther maybe Arthas wasn’t meant to go to the maw either.