Spiteful, one of the biggest cancers since tyrannical

You still don’t get it, do you?
You kill the pack evenly so when everything dies you just cc shades all together and/or just run. Nothing blends.
With bursting the way how you kill the pack is also important.
But yeah you like to zug, I get it

2 Likes

Spiteful dosent blend in there are tons of weak auras to make it them highly noticeable. My fav makes the spirit on you red with a arrow on its head and the hp bar twice as big.

Bursting is quite a bit harder to see in that regard. As many dps won’t track any buffs or debuffs ir just not care thinking it’s the healers job va spite they vary directly see it’s on them.

As ank said you don’t even really target spite you drop roots or any other slow on them and the die on there own, kill stuff evenly something you want to be doing on most pullls anyways as it’s the most optimal way to dps. That way on death you just root slow or Cc and move to the next pack.

If melee your tank moves slightly to the side when it’s on you just watch the melee when they move to the other side of the mobs you know that spirit is on them and you kite together not killing just root or otherwise. You further stun the ones on melee if not ready to move. Yes it is more melee unfriendly but it’s not that bad to deal with. While annoying even as melee it remains one of the better affixes to push on. Yes you don’t take 3 melee but you never take three melee and spiteful is not the reason for that. The instances themselves makes you not want melee regardless of affix. Even if we had no affixes people would avoid melee other than there token one melee to make int eaiser.

The only real issue with spiteful is that it locks you in combat if not killed and not killing is clearly the way it’s made to be played. The spirits not cause the combat state. So thou your still fighting them can still use taxis or eat/drink.

While I do agree a more melee punishing affix with how the instances are made is odd the affix itself is not the issue. The issue with melee is the instances themselves make you not want to take melee at all. So when you add in a melee punishing affix on top it feels quite a bit worse. Stuff like the dogs in the as gaunt hitting melee if the tank is not nearby regardless of agro (nw has many mobs like that also) in a kite meta is a prime example of where the instances themselves cause the prob more often than not. As tank wants to move the mobs away from spiteful (since some low hp mob died) for the melee and group to kite and not dps them only for a melee to get chunked from the tank not being in melee.

The spiteful affix even marks your raid frames with an angry red eye if you have it, so there’s no way you shouldn’t know a spiteful is attacking you.
If you don’t have some type of way to monitor the party’s status even as a dps, that’s your failure, not the affixs.

I love spiteful, even as a holy pally thats always melee’ing because it’s basically a non-affix when dealt with correctly compared to the others one.

when you are forming a group - try to mix in classes that are good at defeating the affix you are most worried about.

i have had 0 issues this week with spiteful…probably because, when you remove grievous from it (like we had in week 2?), it’s completely manageable.

good luck :cupid:

I don’t have a problem dealing with it, fam.
I just don’t enjoy it.
It isn’t fun, you dig?

Hell, i even enjoy explosives to an extent, especially when im playing melee, it’s oddly satisfying clearing a bunch of them in a row and saving everyone from a wipe.

Spiteful is just, stupid and unfun.
“Oh look, adds dying, better stop what im doing and prepare to run away”

i think it’s a fun affix…i’m sorry you’re not enjoying it? i don’t think it’s fun when it’s paired with something like grievous…but this week totally a fun week imo

her’es a cookie? :cookie:

If you don’t have a problem with it then why so frustrated about it? You are then basically saying, just because you don’t personally like it that the game should remove it.

Because it isn’t fun, PERIOD.
No need for other explanation other than this, it isn’t fun.

Fun is subjective though, isn’t it? I actually kind of like Spiteful, but I agree that it disproportionately screws melee (who already have a lot going against them in Shadowlands).

The dungeons/affixes expansion are very melee unfriendly. I admire those who main melee and do a good job of it.
That said, I personally don’t think Spiteful needs to be removed, but perhaps fix it to not affect melee? Nothing wrong with a ranged-only affix.

It doesn’t hurt melee, they die by the time they reach us, if you’re a warrior though?
you legit have to stop to run away from your job when they start spawning mid pull.
-less damage to the group
-1 less inrerrupt as well

It’s dumb, melee doesn’t need more crap, like people said, this expac isn’t melee friendly by default.

it’s one of the easiest affix, even for melee.

if you are throwing a tantrum over spiteful… it’s probably because you don’T care at all about the 200 other mechanic you should.

i have no pity.

Of course you have no pity, you have leg sweep and ring of peace.
Typical tichscum, running their mouths.

surely you noticed that leg sweep / RoP are AoE, not single target?

and you are a hunter. you can be at range.

I’m a Fury warrior. I actually like Spiteful.

1 Like

Out of… spite?

More new targets to smack and keep my First Strike buff rolling. My spites, teammate’s spites, I just cleave em all down.
But I see what you did there. Love the cheekiness! lol

2 Likes

Spiteful does suck. The conveyance that you have a spiteful on you is still really bad.

Spiteful is the affix that makes people want my frost mage. Slap down a blizzard and the tank just has to kite backwards and the shades will never catch up to the melee. I also love them on my shaman healer with the ability to rotate root totem and earthbind totem. On my rogue though, wew lad they suck so much. It’s very punishing to melee and a joke to casters.

i like spiteful tbh. it’s offering multiple ways to counter…

you can cc it
you can snare it
you can dps it
you can walk away from it.

it’s actually a really good addition.

2 Likes