Spiteful, one of the biggest cancers since tyrannical

As the title says, makes playing melee worse than it already is.
When will these garbage affixes that add nothing other than pure frustration be axed from m+?

Seriously, this is an affix that needs to be removed, period.
-inb4 CC, run away, they’re slow!!11
No, i want to dps, as a dps should, dodging stuff in the floor is OK, having a stupid npc hitting you for massive amounts of health isn’t, the most lovely part is having all the nameplates scramble, making something that is already a visual mess into something worse.

2 Likes

Spiteful is a non-affix for ranged, just CC and you don’t even have to run away.

3 Likes

While I can’t deny it’s more impactful to melee, it’s not a non-affix, for so many reasons.

Let’s not play the hyperbolic misdirection game where we invalidate other player’s experiences to make ourselves feel extra special about how bad we have it. Boohoo.

I don’t think you were actually trying to deny people their frustrations, but for every throw away comment there’s some forum hobo ready to grab it from the gutter and run it up a flagpole.

If you need examples, I can provide plenty, but I’ll leave you with ToP platforms and see myself out.

3 Likes

Spiteful is not so bad to deal with per say, but the main issue is it makes skipping prides nearly impossible. That is a huge time loss.

I have multiple alts.
i simply can’t stomach running anything on a melee in a week where this POS affix is active.

It’s not fun, drains any will to even play the game, more than tyrannical if you ask me.
Having to literally peel off my job as sustained aoe machine just because an add died is the most STUPID idea blizzard ever had.

They don’t design this game to be fun anymore, everything they implement is made to piss you off.

It’s not a “hyperbolic misdirection”, spiteful is a non-affix for ranged if dealt with correctly. They lose a certain percent of their HP per second, so even without CC, they are usually at 1/2 health or lower when they reach the ranged. With a CC like ring of frost, they simply won’t reach the ranged in time to do any damage.

I’m saying there are ways to easily handle spiteful, that’s all.

That’s more reasonable, there are way to deal with it as melee, but yeah, it’s annoying.

And yeah, i have to agree that spiteful isn’t a problem for ranged, it can be in tiny areas, but 90% of the time it won’t bother you.
Throw a trap, binding shot and your g2g.
For melee? it’s torture.

For melee, what I usually do is move to max melee range, storm bolt, and then move to the max melee range on the other side. It’s usually enough for anything other than spiteful grevious week.

I feel like it wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t have a 20 yard melee range >.<

Their melee range got lowered. They used to be able to hit me at max range, and now they can’t reach. Outlaw’s extended melee range lets us reach them without getting hit.

Of course, most people forget that outlaw has extended melee range, so we tend to get passed over with the rest of the melee on spiteful week even though it’s much easier for us to deal with.

1 Like

Any attempt to discuss this topic will devolve into your description of the perfect scenario that everyone should find themselves in, every time.

Because we all play mages and hunters and yada yada…just stop, and admit that it’s not all roses and kittens. You can still be macho and admit that Spiteful has way more impact on ranged than you’re giving it credit.

Even without CC they will not reach ranged before they’re half health?

You’re not being hyperbolic? Let’s just ignore the mobs that don’t stand in melee. How about the ones that dash, or leap at ranged, or behind them, and then die. How about the mobs that fixate on ranged, and die.

I’m not trying to start a go-fund me for ranged. Idgaf. But let’s be real. It’s not a non-affix. Not in the way that volcanic is for melee.

2 Likes

I mean, if you picked a group without any CC, that’s on you.

Wow, ok, pick the edge cases, where about half of them don’t even spawn spiteful.

Not quite as free as volcanic, no, because that’s really free. Spiteful is about as free as quaking for ranged though, where you as long as you know how to handle it, it won’t affect you.

That’s the thing, they’re way more frequent than most people are willing to remember. Especially those who don’t play classes that are as affected by it.

It’s not a big deal. I just don’t think it’s useful to dismiss it as nothing when it’s clearly something.

That’s only part of your job. Your actual job is to maximize damage while correctly executing mehcanics. That means dealing with Spiteful this week. Hit a target dummy if you just want to watch the meter go up without having to do anything else.

2 Likes

Any mechanic that forces you to completely stop your DPS for long periods of time is a terrible mechanic, part of the reason why WoW is becoming an infuriating unfun game is because of this, blizzard is clogging everything with “mechanics” and “systems”
The engine can’t handle this properly, everything is a f*ng mess, you need addons to properly understand what is going on.

Like i said, i have no problem with stuff like quaking, volcanic, etc, you dodge while dpsing.
With spiteful you have to STOP completely and run away, extremely unfun and stupid.

Melee already have to deal with the blunt of M+ mechanics, there are countless 1shot skills at melee range, as melee we are the go to classes to interrupt stuff, then you add this cancerous affix on top of it?
why even bring a melee.

They need to either remove this dumb affix or make it so the complete pack spawns 1 after they all die, because having them spawn in the middle of the pull, in the visual mess that this game became? yeah, go to hell.

2 Likes

I only hate spiteful on dungeons like Spires. Where you can’t use a “taxi” to get from point A to point B while in combat. Theatre of Pain has this too with the Lich section.

Honestly I would’ve preferred if Spiteful was a seasonal affix for a maw centric raid, like the next raid tier of Shadowlands. But having it as a +4 affix is annoying. Not hard, but annoying.

Another week, another “remove this affix” thread. Did you forget that you have sludge traps and binding shot?

2 Likes

Did you read the post? it clearly mentions that it barely affects ranged, if at all.
it just makes playing melee miserable.
Keep eating the delicious dishes blizzard serves you, there is a reason why this game is bleeding players.

Go back to classic, you know nothing.

there are 3 dps in the group. if shades spawn in the middle of the pull you don’t kill the pack correctly.
again, you manage bursting affix the same way?

for sure

Bursting doesn’t blend in with other enemy nameplates, bursthing doesn’t chase you around hitting you for massive chunks of your health, every group has the X number of stacks people are safe with, beyond that no one kills anything.

You know nothing, you’re just the typical coward posting on a classic character.