/spit is a negative emote often used by toxic players

Personally, I have lost endless amounts of sleep, and my health is in sharp decline due to the number of /spits performed on me in game.

It’s caused me trauma, broke my legs, and it got me fired from 3 jobs. /spit had ruined my life, and even caused my wife and kids to abandon me.

The removal of /spit is the most important change to WoW ever done, and should be heralded as a landmark of Blizzard’s progression as a visionary game development company.

Where will they go next after this pinnacle of achievement? I hear rumors that they will remove avatar displays, as any deviation from uniformity is offensive to people without a cool haircut, and instead an amorphous pixelated blob will be displayed in place of your character. Good work Blizzard, you did it again.

19 Likes

This.

OP doesnt realize that emoting /spit in a sometimes stressful and frustrating video game is alot better than getting into an argument or name calling contest in whispers. It’s the lesser evil, in a fantasy world with heroes , villains and war . Are they gonna remove /rude and /insult too? Be more of a carebear pls

7 Likes

Removing ways for people to be rude just makes it harder to spot these people. Just because you censor someone doesn’t mean they aren’t a jerk. I say let people be jerks so you can recognize who is or isn’t a jerk. Like I’ve said before I don’t use the emote and find it rather obnoxious but I will defend peoples right to use /spit on me.

1 Like

it’s part of the DNA of playing on a PvP server

whole bunch of soft, mentally weak players can’t handle it apparently

3 Likes

We are all quite moved by your originality.

Nobody cares about your opinions, either.

You’re talking to someone who doesn’t read.

3 Likes

Same-factions stuff, I can still do /e “insert whatever I want here”

Can go even farther than /spit could.

Oh, gawd! I just thought, what if writing out the original /spit emote gets you banned for harassment? :rofl:

2 Likes

neko why did you make another thread instead of just bumping the old one you made that was recently resurrected about the same topic lol

yes /spit is mostly negative, heaven forbid there be any simple way to express displeasure without cussing somebody out.

2 Likes

OP is a known troll. Stop feeding it. Should be banned if blizzard had any understanding or control of their forums, but nope. This is New Blizzard, where the trolls run the asylum. The quality players of the game meanwhile, quietly exit and never come back.

3 Likes

These forums have not changed at all for the last 16 years.

How am I supposed to spit on my partner during erp now?

I can’t say that I’ve ever been bothered by an emote. How often can that possibly be happening to you?

3 Likes

You are triggering me by dismissing my emotional trauma from the /spit emote.

I am writing a letter directly to Bobby Kotick delivered straight to his 9001 foot yacht paid for by my in game store mount purchases.

1 Like

Just rent a jet ski and ride right up to it. Stop being lazy!

Wait until blizzard figures out /moan and /lick exist!

Tell me you’re soft, without telling me you’re soft.

4 Likes

Not removed. It’s a buggy PTR. Can’t link items in /say, incomplete arena vendors. Really?

Sit down.

The fact is that the emote has existed forever, and is not offensive. This does nothing but look like a terrible change to appease PC culture cowards

4 Likes

spits on everyone happy for this and weirdo changes

2 Likes

I don’t know about outrage, it’s more of a silly change… whats the point? Oh you got spit on virtually? Oh man… but some people have insanely thin skin and can’t take it… kinda like the losers that literally made an addon to spit on people for boosting.

No real difference, but dumb none the less.

1 Like