Spiritbloom not working correctly?

Anyone else having this issue where you can no longer press the button for Spiritbloom like we do for other empowered spells? Mine is forcing me to target someone now in order to cast it. No other empower spell is doing this.

Check your self cast settings.

All casts are set to none: mousover, self, self key, focus and press & hold. All are off. I tried without addons, I even reset the UI as per the support article. It still wants me to target someone, while Dream Breath and Fire Breath work just fine. :frowning:

If you have self cast set to off, you cannot cast a friendly targeted spell without a friendly target. What self cast does, is allow you to cast these spells without a target by designating you as the target. Neither Dream breath nor fire breath are targeted spells, and so don’t require targets to start casting.

Self cast has been off since DF launched and I’ve never had an issue with an empower spell until now. :woman_shrugging:

Wouldn’t surprise me to find out it was randomly working on just spiritbloom. The new patch added some additional functionality to self cast and probably nixed such an interaction. Turn self cast on to get it how it was prior.

1 Like

Perhaps. I’ll try it and see. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Of course, if that ends up being the issue, that means I’ll have to change my settings whenever I play my Monk, because for some reason, Detox won’t work if self cast is one. :crazy_face:

all self cast does is assign yourself as a target if you’re attempting to cast a friendly spell while targeting an enemy, or nothing. Detox works fine on my monk with self cast.

Apologies, that’s actually a Healbot issue, not a base game issue. I should’ve clarified. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hit it with a brick

1 Like

1 Like

:dracthyr_lulmao:

1 Like

Do you have it as part of a macro? empower spells do that if they are in a macro, everyone, I don’t know if it’s a bug or intentional.

Apparently if you have font of magic talented and havent changed it in awhile, either spec it or unspec it to clear the terrible coding errors.

Also you can use a macro such as

/cast [@target,exists,help,nodead] spiritbloom

/cast spiritbloom

Hope this helps! It fixed my issues with it.

1 Like

They removed eternity surge from preservation evoker’s font of magic, which was causing spiritbloom to not work properly in macros. It should be working as of 10.1.

1 Like