Spirit Healers are Kyrian, right?

So then shouldn’t Anara, the spirit healer you meet while questing in Azshara, get in trouble with her superiors for falling in love when Kyrian are supposed to have abandoned mortal ties?

I think Kyrians are only concerned with ties to your past life, but I could be wrong.

As far as I’m aware, you are allowed to like things as a kyrian after ascending.

1 Like

Don’t think too hard about it, just enjoy magic of recontextualization!

I mean… I mean, enjoy this very well thought out expansion story that Blizzard has surely been laying the groundwork for for decades.

8 Likes

From what i understand and was previously explanations for Spirit Healers is that they’re rogue Val’kyr who exist as an intemediary for the souls of the recently departed. They serve no one but themselves and what they view as their philosophy of allowing those who shouldn’t have died a second chance as it were, ad infinitum.

I strongly doubt that anyone kept track of a quest line dating back from Vanilla.

2 Likes

That was retconned with Shadowlands. Because Blizzard’s writers are hacks and retcon things every other month even when it’s from what’s supposed to be the lore bible that people paid 35 bucks for.

10 Likes

Rip van retcon

Some Kyrians even talk about visiting Azeroth out of interest of us Players.

The Kyrians are supposed to remove the burdens from the Past life so that they can live in their Present life.

Kyrians can fall in love with whoever they choose provided they do so in their Kyrian life. It’s their Mortal Burdens they must move on from as they are supposed to be Reincarnations without Memories of their Past due to the Past being a Burden to their new Life.

Kyrians are not about attaining Nirvana(dying in the Shadowlands will do that) or Enlightenment but about perpetuating proper Samsara(Rebirth with no Memories).

8 Likes

The only thing they technically Retconned were the Spirit Healers. The Val’kyr seem to be a unique invention of Odyn and Arthas still. Or they could be Mawsworn that Arthas learned to pull from the Maw, who knows at this point.

Does it count as retconning the whole thing if they said it was from the subjective view of the Titans and not the “word of God” (i.e. the writers themselves)? 'cause at any point, they can go, “Nah, that’s just how the Titans saw it. Here’s how it really went.”

Nothing matters because nothing is concrete.

I think many of the Spirit Healers are ex-Valkyr and they didn’t side with Helya or Odyn, but due to their condition in the Shadowlands are kind of free agents who can give players a second chance at life.

Kyrians as I understood it are those who ferry our souls to the afterlife not judging our actions we made while alive so that we can be judged by the Arbiter.

I don’t know or has it been changed that Spirit Healers are Kyrians? I thought Kyrians get you to the arbiter while Spirit Healers simply act as free agents and give you a second chance.

https://sagamer.co.za/2020/05/28/a-deep-dive-into-bastion-the-shadowlands-realm-of-selflessness-and-greater-purpose/

The Chronicle doesn’t outright state that the Valkyr that stayed behind to resurrect Souls were Spirit Healers just that they(the Valkyr) stayed within the Shadowlands to resurrect Souls from the dead.

The reveal of Kyrians being Spirit Healers merely leaves us with the question of where the Valkyr that resurrect the dead are located…

Of course it may be that they were the ones that the Jailer sent to Sylvanas…

I mean, that’s fine, if that’s how they want to roll with things.

Maybe it’s just me, but how are we supposed to respect or enjoy the lore when the dev team has such a casual disregard for their own lore? It just seems silly to me

1 Like

In some way they are except only with lesser armor than the Kryians who are armored to almost everything on their body.