Spires of Ascension Final Boss

Something needs to be fixed or something. When trying to throw the spear, the angel behind us always bugs it out. It’ll throw the spear backwards if the wings flap right as you click. Happened to me MANY times now. Lift her up or something, she is causing alot of problems. That last fight is buggy as hell. Even if the spear does show hitting Devos, he still stays flying.

1 Like

Happened to me too the first time I threw the spear. Now I just let someone else do it. Personally they just need to make the spear a 100% hit rate. There’s enough mechanics you absolutely can’t fail on that, especially when you get to higher key territory. I dread to see what a few stacks of the debuff will feel like next week on tyrannical.

1 Like

Yeah I had a bug where I hit Devos dead center and she just shrugged it off. The next attempt, someone missed and it acted as if Devos was hit.

1 Like

Have you tried aiming at Kyrestia?

10+ run on 3 different characters, always did the spear, never experienced the bug described above.

We found more success in waiting for her to move, then throwing it.

2 Likes

Yeah that is the thing with bugs. Sometimes they never happen for most people.

There have been bugs that get reported on the bug forums that I have never experienced.

1 Like

When I run Spires I always try to grab the spear cause waiting for her to move then throwing guarantees a hit (at least to my knowledge). I’ve never seen the spear fly backwards though now I kind of want to.

Yeah, seen this bug twice last week, one which wiped the group!

1 Like

Here to necro this thread, 2 years later, just remind everyone this is still a bug. The workaround I have found for this is going first person whenever I throw the spear.

I have completed 148 SoA runs and have never experienced this bug. The only bug I have seen throughout the expansion is when it bugs out and the extra action button disappears and reappears non-stop. Which is fixed with a /reload.

2 Likes

I remember this happening in the very beginning of the expansion, haven’t seen it since so I’d assume the actual bug is fixed. Doesn’t change some peoples struggles of the camera clipping when they are trying to aim, but that’s not really a bug, just not a lot of experience with the spear. It’s fine now. I still miss on occasion, but I don’t blame the game anymore :joy:

Not the spears you use if you’re Kyrian to stun mobs, the spears to bring Devos down on the last boss

Ill be the first to admit ive whiffed spears trying hurry a throw or just straight missing.

The particular issue im talking about is picking up the spear, spinning the camera around, letting Devos move, aim, and throw. Only when you throw, giant white wings flap behind you, no spear animation happens, the blue ripples/circles appear behind you, and the orbs immediately shoot out from the pedestal

I understood that, it is what I was talking about.

You… dont get an extra action button though? Your bars change lol

You do get an extra button. Same as the Kyrian Spear. Maybe you don’t because of an addon.