Spell renders are dated

The current spell renders are extremely dated. I was playing my lock, and noticed my incinerate looks like pixelated fire you’d see in a early 2000 game…I mean we are almost in 2024. Blizzard needs to stop focusing so much of their art and design in the zones you level through once and more so on spell graphics, clothing and armor. Some of the best zones are very minimal in my opinion and don’t require every little detail to be enjoyable. Instead, they need to be focusing on what the player sees/ feels most of the time and that’s their character. It’s also not just how spells look, it’s also how they feel. If a spell dosent have that umphh and girth to it, it dosent make the character feel that good to play. Take mages for example, as casting frost bolt looks pitiful, as it looks like measly little bolts. If Diablo 3 can allow you to change spell effects to give better customization, there should be no reason why the wow team can’t.

3 Likes

Except for the fact that the Diablo team is far superior to the WoW team. :eyes:

1 Like

checks the date of WoW’s creation

… Hmmyup. Checks out.

They do make some fancy stuff; we could always be in use of considerably fancier stuff.

WoW definitely has good artists, the company just doesn’t care to update anything unless it’s broken and part of the latest xpac.

E.g we only got better looking Quilboars in Kalimdor after the assets were made for Shadowlands, and even that was surprising. Kinda wondering if they did the same thing with ogres.

they prolly planning a world revamp, since bfa they have been updating models in the old world.

1 Like

You haven’t played D4 if you think that.

Well a lot of the older icon art first appeared in WarCraft 3, so it actually IS from an early 2000s game. It doesn’t bother me personally though, if they ever change it I hope they would just make higher resolution versions of the same icons.

1 Like

I love when there’s cool new effects made but they either don’t go live or they’re sitting unused. So weird.

1 Like