Spell-hance leveling in prepatch (classic)

I love playing my shaman, but the constant “miss” flashing across my combat text is maddening. I’m only level 56, and I know more hit gear is available in Outland, so I am cautiously optimistic about a more consistent form of gameplay in the future. But I am curious if stacking spell power beginning with the prepatch for questing/grinding out exp is at all viable for 60-80, or do I just need to focus on the +hit and keep on keeping on?

1 Like

I haven’t gotten to watch on the math of gear and stats for WotLK yet but I’m pretty sure even with spellhance we still need a certain amount of agi and hit before spellhance starts to kick in. It’s just instead of agi and strength agi and int becomes another way we can focus our gearing incase the strength gear has high competition.

1 Like

I’ve seen plenty written about how it is played at 80, but not so much about 70+. Draenai getting the +1% hit will help, and crit will now be spell and melee, rather than specific to one or the other.

Worst case scenario, I pick a few incorrect pieces for quest rewards and have to hit the AH.

My guild leader is levelling for spell-hance i will ask them. Im levelling as enh to go ele eventuslly and seeing MISS constantly is just so frustrating. But it will be worth it in a few weeks.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m really looking forward to it!!

1 Like

Have you tried elemental?
Lightning bolts don’t generally miss and things die really fast as ele. I also went for the instant Ghost wolf while levelling for kicks.

1 Like

I have not. Typically, spell casters (outside of healers) haven’t been my cup of tea. I know ele puts out serious dps, it’s just not my preferred playstyle.

I may give it a go though, just to be sure.

Thank you

1 Like

I found it a really nice change of pace from waiting on auto attacks while levelling.

1 Like

I hear you. At least it is easier when dual-wielding. It is much less painful to watch than when swinging a 3.5 sec 2h weapon, haha. But then you get the frustration i expressed in the original post~miss after miss after miss.

1 Like