Spell graphics appear pixelated after today's patch

I’m getting this as well, it’s really bothering me =(

I can report both myself and a friend are experiencing this. I’m on a laptop with a 2060, they’re on a desktop with a 2070.

edit: turning of target FPS & the other suggestions here doesn’t repair it for me

Hey all,

Thanks for reporting this to us. We will be monitoring this thread for new reports. So far, common resolutions are:

• Adjusting Anti-Aliasing settings (most commonly MSAA 8x)
  • Turning off Target FPS in advanced settings
  • Adjusting Windows resolution back/forth, then resetting the game settings

Let us know how things go. Cheers!

Same issue here.

Confirming I am having the same issue. Turning Target FPS off and choosing my graphics card seemed to work for now.

I have tried all of these things, and even uninstalled WoW and reinstalled. Nothing is working and I am getting so frustrated. Been playing since release and I have never had issues like this :frowning:

Hey again,

I also have a few reports of switching to Dx11 from Dx12 works. Instructions here.

Let me know if it makes any difference for you! Thanks for following up!

2 Likes

Tried that as well, nothing :frowning: T.T
Thank you for trying to help!

I have tried every suggestion that I have found, and nothing is working. Even the text on my screen (like my quests/my name/ etc) looks rough and jagged

Updating to hopefully find a fix for the problem.

Unfortunately my game appears the same as it did when I first posted a few days ago. All (both player and NPC) nameplates are jagged/blurry to the point of being illegible unless I zoom in fully. The only solution I’ve found that somewhat works is to change my Resolution Scale from 100% (what it’s always been at) to 200% - but obviously this still makes things look off because of the drastic jump. Everything below I have tried, but none of it has solved the problem:

• Adjusting Anti-Aliasing settings (I’ve always played with AA off, but still messed around with all various options, it didn’t change anything)
  • Turning off Target FPS in advanced settings (I did turn my Target FPS off, and while that seems to have fixed blurry environment textures from appearing, it hasn’t fixed the nameplate issue)
  • Adjusting Windows resolution (Played around with this and it hasn’t fixed the issue either, the correct resolution is displayed)
  • Changed Dx settings (I’ve always used Dx12, but tried Dx11 to no avail)
  • Manually selected my graphics card instead of Auto Detect (GTX 1660)

Another issue I’ve noticed is now whenever I alt-tab out of WoW to check something in my web browser, WoW keeps appearing and blocking the actual tab I’m trying to access. I know this is different then what’s being discussed in this thread but I haven’t been able to find any answer for it. Certainly makes checking Wowhead a lot harder :[ If I’m able to fix anything I’ll update this thread.

1 Like

This is exactly my issue and I tried everything as well. I have the exact same graphics card. I have noticed some people with the other GeForce card could fix their issues, but with ours nothing is working :frowning:

Geez that’s frustrating for us 1660 users, and I just bought the card this past summer specifically to upgrade my PC for Shadowlands :[ Interesting that it seems to be common among these cards specifically though. Hopefully it’ll eventually be resolved within a few fixes.

1 Like

It really is, I also bought a whole brand new gaming PC with this card just for Shadowlands! It is weird that it is just us and people with the same brand card but different type can fix it themselves. I wrote to Blizz and the GM got back to me saying that they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix for it, so hopefully we will get our game back to normal soon! I put my resolution and 200% and it looked a little better but it also made me a little laggy. Hopefully we can get a fix by Tuesday!~

1 Like

So it’s maintenance day and we still haven’t received a fix for this issue. One week of dealing with this.

1 Like

Yea, I’m already burned out on this xpac and this is just another annoyance making me not want to log into the game, sadly.

1 Like

If Bliz can’t fix their bugs, a lot of folks may just leave the game. Not exactly the best out come for Bliz’s bottom line in my opinion.

Businesses really need to understand that, if you take care of the quality of your product, your customers will become repeat customers. Otherwise, they may just advertise for you in such a manner as to turn off prospective customers.

What business wants to be known as offering up a poor product?

1 Like

Me too. I just bought a new computer with a great card a few months ago so I could play the game on ultra, and now everything looks like crap. I haven’t played since this bug because it looks terrible and it bums me out.

Exactly, and nothing at all has been offered to us that are dealing with this issue, I mean we don’t even want to play with our game looking this way! I have been playing since May 2005, and this is the first time I can’t even stand logging in because of how my game looks when I bought a PC specifically for my game to look nice and flawless.

There are thousands of configurations available for computers playing WoW, so that makes things difficult to pinpoint. And since it’s not affecting all players, finding the common thread is the real task here.

1 Like

It seems to be everyone with the same card, the Geforce 1660