Spell graphics appear pixelated after today's patch

Since logging in after today’s patch, I’ve noticed that many spells and spell effects are now very pixelated on my screen (particularly when my character is at a distance from them). Druids’ Efflorescence spell and the flames given off by torches/braziers are some of the worst offenders. None of my graphics settings have changed and disabling my addons does not solve the issue. I’m currently running an RTX 2060 with the latest drivers (version 461.72).

11 Likes

I have noticed this as well. It has also visibly altered how gear sets with animations look, eg fire or lightning on shoulders pixelated.

1 Like

I just checked my appearances tab and noticed this now as well. The flames coming off of the leather Felshroud Shoulders, for example, are also very pixelated.

1 Like

Came here looking for this exact post.

Same here. Since the patch there’s a noticeable micro-pixelation in the world which becomes more pronounced in lighting effects. It’s not terrible, but a bit distracting.

GeForce RTX 2070 here, ultra settings.

2 Likes

Same here , Pixelated spells and sometimes blurry graphics after patch. Gtx 1650.

1 Like

Same here GeForce RTX 2060

2 Likes

Turning off Target FPS in Advanced Settings did the trick for me. Others have said changing Anti-Alliasing to MSAA 8x worked as well.

2 Likes

So on reddit I read a fix and tried it seemed to do the trick. System > Advanced > Graphics Card was set to Auto Detect I selected my graphics card and it worked.

6 Likes

Didn’t fix it for me disabling particle density stops it. But cant play without it .

worked for me, thanks!

I’m glad someone else is having this problem, I thought I was going mad. It’s very apparent when I’m in combat, especially when I swapped over to play Destruction. Channel Demonfire looks like little blocks leaving my hands.

2 Likes

Any particle effect is now pixelated for me and it looks like hot garbage. I updated my driver, I played with the settings, my monitor is very new. It’s not me.

1 Like

I thought this was just me. I noticed it in Castle Nathria today in a few places–the staircase before Artificer Xymox in particular had some pixelation around the braziers.

My character has the same issues with Power Word: Shield among other things.

Nvidia RTX 2070 Super here.

For me, this fixed the particle effects on my own armor, but the landscape pixelization, objects, and especially spells during combat are extremely pixelated and bad. this is super frustrating.

2 Likes

The anti-aliasing change helped with the spell effects and the environments being blurry and pixellated, but whatever is causing this issue, it didn’t fix the problem. Things like name plates on players and npcs are still unreadable from a distance because they are all just a scattering of pixels, not letters. And I noticed character models for npcs in the distance are super pixelly, still.

Hopefully the second round of maintenance today will fix this, because it is really annoying.

3 Likes

If it doesn’t (if there’s no client-side patch it can’t possibly do so), check whether your Multisample Alpha-Test option (System/Advanced) is checked. All of the effects here use (partially) transparent textures which won’t be affected by MSAA without that - though an over 100% render scale or any post AA should influence it.

Still seems to be an issue following the most recent maintenance. It is on my end anyway.

1 Like

I had the same going on, only thing that would fix it was relogging but then if I zoned into anything with a loading screen afterwards the pixelation would be back. Turning off Target FPS and manually choosing my graphics card instead of leaving it on auto-detect as others have suggested seems to have fixed it so far.

1 Like

Having the exact same issues. Tried everything recommended above but text is still unreadable/pixelated. If I turn my resolution up to 200% it’s no longer pixelated, but still looks odd. Never had any issues like this before yesterday’s patch.

I was having this same issue and just wanted to confirm that turning off Target FPS also fixed the issue. I had gone through almost every setting except for the FPS settings, so thank you for this.