Spell batching lowers your DPS, causes tanks to die and wipes raids - get rid of it

People are smarter, faster and better than in 2006: fact .

If I’m fast enough to press BoP / Lay On Hands at the last second, then my target should live, and my raid shouldn’t wipe. This is artificial difficulty.

Fast decision making should be rewarded. Period.
Ten years ago everyone was slow and terrible. We’re better.

The game should be able to keep up with how fast I am.
I should be allowed to make precision perfect plays like I do in BfA.

All spell batching is doing is slowing the game down and forcing us to play at snail speed, but that’s stupid because we aren’t on dial up with CRT monitors anymore. We’re capable of playing at a faster pace. I honestly don’t care if this is how the game was because if this is how the game was then the game wasn’t that good.

Get rid of it or at least re-tune it. If my heal goes off then the tank shouldn’t die. This is 10+ year old content and I promise you - not a single guild will wipe once if they get rid of this artificial difficulty ‘feature’

7 Likes

Being fast on the trigger didn’t always cut it. In Classic, you learn to understand what the system does and find ways to turn it to advantage. There are plenty of fast twitch games out there, Classic isn’t one of them.

27 Likes

Faulty initial assumption.

17 Likes

Sounds like classic is not for. Stay on retail goku.

13 Likes

I’m sorry to say but I don’t think you understand how facts work :smiley:

10 Likes

Well if you wanted your thread to be taken seriously you shouldn’t have started with something so preposterous.

5 Likes

Protip: if your target dies before your Lay On Hands landed, you weren’t fast enough.

18 Likes

Usually with games like that you cast ahead of time so it lands when they need it.

I haven’t had a chance to fiddle with the faux spell batching but I suppose everyone will see soon enough.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

It’s hardly faulty, it took 5 months to kill rag when real classic launched and this time it’s going to take no more than 12 days. People are better and faster, it’s objective… not an opinion.

someone recently leveled to 60 in 2 days and 17 hours /played … in vanilla that record was 2 days longer.

1 Like

Spoken like a person that never played the game.

Rag had way more issues and was more punishing when the game launched. From limited spawn time to just being buggy overall. Rag as a boss changed plenty over the life of Vanilla

2 Likes

Doesn’t change the concept, if rag was released in his original form today he would still be killed within 3 weeks of launch.

1 Like

Agreed, and I mean, look at the facts, people. This is especially true in PvP - take the duel tournaments on the beta for example. The winners never even played the game in 2006. The top players from TBC/Vanilla don’t hold a candle to today’s best

2 Likes

there’s videos of grand marshal PVP’ers in vanilla clicking their abilities (with no consumables or engineering)… it’s laughable by today’s standards.

1 Like

Exactly. The best players that I’ve seen on the beta are Cdew/Venruki. They won the duel tournament easily despite having never played Vanilla/TBC. This obsession with restoring the past is stupid.

3 weeks is a long time for a boss to live in the modern raid scene. Consdering the issues with damage FR and 2 hour spawn time. I would expect it to fall in week 2 since top guilds would be able to get the gear and assets in place by then to make sure hes dead. Though i would be skeptical since nobody has seen that version of rag in 15 years.

Anyway, the main thrust of your point is to say that players got better where as im saying they didnt get better things simply got not only easier, but more well known.

1 Like

Wow this guy really knows his facts. I’m truly impressed.

1 Like

Where and when?

1 Like
  1. 3 weeks isn’t a long time considering leveling to 60, the short attunment, and getting to revered with the hydraxian water lords (for runes). Today’s raids are released when people are already at max level.

2. You’re just oblivious if you think that players didn’t get better, just look at the dueling tournament on the beta… The players that won never even played classic/TBC, they’re just good players who played for a few weeks on the beta… They have done more theory crafting in the last month then the entire life-span of vanilla.

1 Like
1 Like

Awesome, I’ll watch this. StaySafe needs to get his throat/lungs checked though…