Spell batching is complete cancer

I use to think it was gonna be really great, but it’s not really great.

The best thing we as a community can do is to come together on this thing and give up this classic batching thing in favor of what is a more practical solution that exists by default in the game server. In other words, retail’s system for handling things in order as they are executed.

This would be a blessing for literally everyone playing classic or later TBC.

Except that it’s literally not the same batching we had in vanilla.

I guess you are wrong. Either you are wrong or the blueposter is lying. Which is it?

I dunno, Nost used batching, as well as other popular pservers. For some reason people had no issues with it there. 1.12 does feel different than 1.13 for sure.

1 Like

That bluepost was referring to Retail when it said “nowadays.” Classic was put back onto the single loop. This is why we have “vendor lag”, because all actions a unit takes on another different unit are now batched, just like they were in Vanilla.

Spells that you cast on yourself are not placed into the spell batching loop. This is why a Paladin can use Divine Favor and batch Holy Shock by casting it immediately after a heal. You’ll get two free crits instead of one; this only works when you cast the Holy Shock on another player.

The batching we have is functionally identical to what it was in Vanilla. It’s a 400ms loop that all unit on unit actions are placed into.

https://i.imgur.com/EdBh2xt.png

Except classic is still using the modern batching system which is different than vanilla batching system. All they did was change it to 400MS instead of as fast as possible.

Which is why it doesn’t function the same as it did in vanilla.

1 Like

You keep saying this and you’ve never even given an example. This is why I ignore most of your posts.

Sorry but can you read? Aside from quoting a post from 2014 (Patch 5.4.7); was that WOD(?) you again ignore what the more recent blue post added.

They literally tell you they just put spellcasts on a low priority instead of a high priority and it “best fits the game how the game actually worked in version 1.12”. Where do you read that its a single game loop again? Cause try as I might I can not find that in said blue post. Not to mention that “best fits the game how it actually worked in 1.12” does not equal “its exactly the same”. They literally state its not the same as the 1.12 batching.

Go ahead, ignore the blueposts that do not fit your narrative and then claim some non-sensical reason on why you will not respond to anything. Anyone who reads 5 of your posts knows already that you are mostly smoke and mirrors.

1 Like

Sigh.

It’s not even worth trying to help you understand anymore.

Spell casts aren’t the only thing they put on the loop, they didn’t even say that spell casts were the only thing they put on the 400ms loop.

Vendor interactions are batched. Try to sell things to a vendor on Classic and then do so on Retail. This is evidence enough to show you that every unit on a different unit action is batched just like they were in Vanilla. The batching we have is identical to Vanilla batching.

I don’t know how else to help you understand.

A blue post that says, and directly contradicts the blue post i linked, saying its the same would help. But it is not. Because this is 1.13 and it is not 1.12. The game is working differently now and they added a hatchet job of batching to it-
You can keep bringing your vendor interaction argument as long as you want does not change the fact that what the blue post says completely disagrees with your little fantasy story. I still wanna see the “its a single game loop” blue post quote btw.

1 Like

You can pretend that:

actually says:

“we’re only moving spell casts to a low-priority loop”

but it doesn’t. They were specifically talking about spell casts because of the interactions they mentioned in that same post. The simple fact that vendor interactions are batched on Classic is proof enough that they extended the batching beyond spells.

The batching we have is functionally identical to what was in Vanilla. You, nor anyone else has provided any legitimate evidence to prove otherwise.

You must really want them to keep batching…

lol okay there chief.

Hhaha

you do not have any shred of evidence that it works correctly either. The only thing we do have is the blue posts and they say themselves its not the same. It just fits best compared to the original one.

its 1 year and 3 months almost after classic has be launched and this dude crying about a tag on the winterfall chief. Bruh LMAO LOLOLOL get rekt

Ever die inside your ice block?

I have. Multiple times. Or been killed by a sheep? Again, multiple times.

The graphics happen before the spells. The “lag” is bad and everyone suffers for it.

i have not found this to be true at all, including playing against very good opponents in the CDL 3v3

Don’t re-create 15-year-old technical limitations unless absolutely necessary.

I’m fine with using the modern client and netcode. I don’t need batching or excessive leeway any more than I need a client that shows me a picture of a CRT monitor displaying WoW at 800×600.

There’s always going to be some gray area, but spell batching was never in that zone.

So annoying when the medicine gets used but the patient dies anyway due to batching

2 Likes

It needs to go. All of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeG-bqSEcK4

The reverse of this happens more often than you think as well, many a time have I seen a tank at 0 hp but batch heal kept him alive, it is far less noticeable but it does happen