Spell batching in classic

I have noticed this a lot when dueling rogues. It’s definitely strange.

I can relate to this as well. One of my best buddies is an Enhancement Shaman and we duel a lot—I notice the leeway stuff when dueling him much more than when I duel DW melees or sword + shield, feral, etc.

1 Like

Yup, I love Duels too, and this is when I started to notice some funky stuff like you.

I even ask players who’re able to hit me from leagues away what their latency is, and it’s typically all roughly the same in NA between 30 and 50ms regardless of the outcome of the duel the latency appears to have zero impact on the situation.

The only thing that consistently seems to make a difference is if the weapon attack comes from a 2 hand weapon or not…

It’s almost as if 2 hand weapon equipped = +7 extra yards on average where as DW players, Sword and board or Feral is roughly where you would expect their attack range to be.

I have been curious to see if Leeway is also applying to instant cast range abilities such as my hunter shots and abilities like for example shadow word pain. I have not yet tested it, but for some reason I suspect something might be going on with spells too…

IMO Blizzard should just 100% eliminate Leeway in 2019, it’s no longer needed and was absolutely intended to only be a system to make playing melee possible, not to give them a decided advantage vs range players.

Additionally it was a system that was never intended to be noticed by the player, hence why you never saw it on the private servers because it was tuned well enough in Vanilla, TBC and Wrath that the player never noticed… Hence why the mechanic was never on the private servers because they simply did not know about it because back in the old days the system was tuned properly for the hardware of the time…

Now days because its no longer needed as absolutely demonstrated by the private servers running on modern hardware; Blizzard should also follow in suit and eliminate Leeway from World of WarCraft Classic AND Modern WoW that also contains the same mechanic.

Thats because they dont insist. I notice that when I’m at what I consider a longer distance and try to hit it say that the target is too far away, but if I press it 1 o 2 more times it hit, without any of the two targets moving.