Spell batching in classic

LOL no.

Removing flight, withholding flight and now placing obstacles in the air just to disrupt air travel, from/in areas that are flight enabled will be the last straw. You heard it here.

Vanilla never had flight so no one ever had any expectation of flying in Old Azeroth.

Retail servers are already empty and the player base cannot survive another hit like the one it took in 2015 (from which it’s never recovered).

This will not end well.

Use of the reference server does not mean they shipped us a bug free true 100% Vanilla experience.

If that were true then they would not have bug fixed countless things already.

1 Like

Correct, there are bugs that have been fixed and more that will be fixed. The things you and others have been relentlessly complaining about have already been confirmed to be working properly.

Leeway, for example. I’ve already shown you plenty of videos that prove it’s working properly along with Blizzard’s own tests and confirmation that it’s working properly, yet you still claim it’s not.

If they released their reference client, spell batching and leeway would be the same. The things people hate more than anything would be the same because Vanilla wasn’t perfect and had some really stupid systems that we could have avoided being implemented if you people didn’t scream “No-changes” and praise Blizzard for recreating garbage mechanics.

471 upvotes on that spell batching thread. You don’t see my upvote there, because I’ve been against the Vanilla spell batching ever since I remembered how awful it was.

1 Like

Whoa there dude, not everyone was screaming no changes… I was very strongly against a raw state of 1.12 with out raid tuning but like you I was also shouted down because the kids want their 1.12…

I would rather have rather they re-tuned all the content to be as close to the original difficulty level as possible (still would be easy) but it would be a different experience for sure… More so the dungeons, but even the raids and to some degree the BiS lists would be different. (not entirely but different none the less).

It’s my opinion that Artificial batching is dumb… IF they could replicate the exact experience of how things played out in vanilla; sure I guess even tho some of it is kinda broken then I would be on board, but till they can get the most simple 100% VANILLA things right… FD + Trap, I am fully against artificial batching.

You have provided “vanilla” vidoes showing cases of leeway working as it kinda does in Classic, but I also pointed out that not every single player had that kind of reach in Vanilla, it was actually very rare to encounter that.

The problem is this, do we go with a literal and frankly stupid interpretation of the game, or do we go with what the overall experience of the game was in that era?

If a literal interpretation is what matters most then Classic 2019 I guess kinda does that, but if the “Vanilla experience” is what matters then Leeway then needs to just be deleted because it’s a system designed to not be detected by the players.

Artificial batching… presently dude it plays like crap, and this is what we get to look forward too in both TBC and Wrath when they come out because the system did not get an overhaul till Cata…

Do we really want that? I don’t, do you?

1 Like

You keep saying this, it’s dishonest. What we have is the Vanilla batching, Blizzard has confirmed it. You “arguing” against it by calling it artificial batching isn’t going to convince them to change it.

You’re patronizing Blizzard, that’s not going to work.

This is the kind of post that caused us to end up in this situation. Blizzard took this to heart and we are here now. Look how many likes those kinds of posts got.

People didn’t want a better experience, they wanted an authentic one. I wanted a better experience, I wanted 99% no-changes with a side of common sense. I lost.

They’re artificially interpreting the batch cycles you can see it in how Flare reacts with stealth targets like druids and rogues.

If they batching was truly 400ms, then they could in theory get into range and pounce / cheap shot before flare broke them out.

Right now, my flair plays like it’s reacting to stealth targets instantly while damage and CC abilities feel like they’re on a batch delay.

If all things were equal and blizzard was truly using a 400ms batch then why does Execute have roughly double this delay when in vanilla it’s been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that it was indeed a 400ms at most delay?

It’s reasonable to assume then that they’re not truly doing things 100% correctly as it has been demonstrated that their existing system is indeed broken.

blizzards blue post says

They said they move spell casting to the slower frequency, but I suspect they did not “Batch” the entire game.

Perhaps they’re doing all the “Batching” on the backend and processing things in chunks while not disturbing the existing system.

Without getting under the hood to see what is really going on there is no way to know how they’re handling things…

One thing is 100% certain, not all game features run like they did in Vanilla, there are many inconsistencies.

I am still wanting 99% no changes with some common sense details… /cough leeway deleted would be a good start.

1 Like

This statement proves you are lying, because if you wanted 99% no chances with a side of common sense, you wanted what private servers gave us for years up to the very day classic came out. Private servers used the original game client, had all the original bugs, all the original add-ons and the old macro system and most importantly did not have the delays in casting abilities and spells and commanding pets. Spells, abilities and pet commands were instant using the original reference client. Tens of thousands of users were playing true and authentic vanilla on private servers for years. We know that “Classic”, using the Legion client, has a delay in almost everything that happens in the game, causing almost every class in the game to be broken in some way. EVERY CLASS. And no, it hasn’t been fixed, despite whatever blue posts you’ve seen. I don’t really care what you call it, whether it be spell batching, leeway, or your moms paduka. DELAYED gaming is NOT how VANILLA was.

I laugh at the people who think that because blizzard says they checked the reference client that means everything is working perfectly like vanilla.

my 300 days played of muscle memory disagree.

1 Like

Correct, and the private servers ARE 99% no-changes… They use a different higher frequency batching cycle and don’t include LEEWAY.

AKA exactly what I wanted except from Blizzard… That’s all I wanted, but instead they gave us this Modern WoW engine that runs like a turd.

BINGO! It’s easy to remember details wrong, but get on and play and you will simply know if something is working correctly or not.

I wonder if you guys even realize when they say “reference client”, they aren’t even referring to the original game client. They are referring to the back-peddled Legion client they are currently working on. This is their “reference” client. They are not using the original game client because they have no “reference server” to even play that game client with…

They basically created false hype to get rid of the private server scene and it worked. It doesn’t matter to them if classic flops. They wanted it to flop.

I’m not going to bother with your anti-Classic rhetoric any longer.

It’s not anti-classic rhetoric. If classic was even close to what it was supposed to be, I’d be happier than a pig in shyte. But the fact is, it’s not, and Blizzard could have easily released an exact duplicate of vanilla for us. Instead all we have is this botched up Legion client. It’s just a wannabe vanilla.

Then leave, none of the stuff you want to change will change. Cry all you might; just leave dude.

You’re not my mother. I will stay and cry forever.

2 Likes

Yes they are. They are referring to the client and the database data they recovered.

Wow, you really don’t know anything.

Rofl.

You’re clearly just a bliz fanboi who will say anything to defend your favorite corporation, even if it means lie through your teeth. Go back to retail m8 you are clueless.

The desperate ad-hominem attack from someone who has completely lost an argument.

That is correct. When you told me to cry and leave, that was you losing the argument.

3 Likes

What we need is an addon that shows the server ticks. Like weapon swing timer, we would be able to time our abilities to not clip with the server ticks.

It wont be perfect, but it will help us see a clearer picture as to what is going on, and allow us to play around the problems.

If they wont fix it, we will have to adapt.

1 Like

This is also my theory. The legion version of wow was what introduced the new animations and overhauls of all the classes and specs. So I think they are trying to use the legion client to mirror vanilla wow but the animations and skills they’re trying to mirror with it aren’t feeling like they used to because the legion client was built around these new animations. It’s also why I think private servers feel more vanilla like than classic does, because they used an actual client of vanilla wow so everything feels much better than blizzards system.

2 Likes