Spell and effect animations too much

Here’s my suggestion, a way that I can turn off other players spells and effects and just keep mine and healing abilities on.

Here’s why: There are so many ground/spell effects going on that its hard to see where the bad is. I mean take warrior ravager for example and then if double ravager procs good luck seeing ground effects under the boss that kill you. Id like to just see my effects, healing circles and anything bad incoming from boss.

To take it a step further though, take down the animation of ravager. It is cool don’t get me wrong, but it’s so obtrusive.

Too much stuff in the way looks ridiculous and this is the way it is in raids.

I don’t want any of the boss abilities to be toned down though. I want those in my face. Also any healing circles I want to see clearly popping too.

3 Likes

Just use/make WeakAuras to call out all the bad stuff you can’t see.

Not sure if still works, but

/console spelleffectlevel 1

This command should help. Basically reduces density of all abilities.

You can already do this in the graphics settings, they added it in SLs.
:grinning:

How? I’ve looked everywhere.

At work at the moment but it should be the same screen you set the Graphics levels (ground clutter, texture rez, shadow queality, etc) You’re looking for something akin to “Projected textures”.

Oh man, I know exactly what you mean. There’s so much going on, I lose track of what I’m attacking sometimes.

But does this effect mine as well? I like to see mine, ravager is a bit too much, for the most part. Also I don’t want the bosses abilities or healing abilities to be dampened at all.

OP wants to minimize everyone else’s spell particles so they can see all the boss spell particles / mechanics on a raid fight. There’s no setting for that in the graphics section.

In settings, look for spell effects: set it to essential and your spells will always be visible while all the smog of everyone else’s will be much much lessened. You can move it up to Some, Half, All, and Dynamic as you desire/can actually get your pc to do. Then look for particle density. You can choose to turn it off entirely so that all spells are much less flashy specifically or you can choose how flashy you want it them to be. I personally use a Half/High setup because I like all the fizz bang. It’s why I play destro and balance!

1 Like

I thought this was already a thing?

Well you kinda can but you are technically right because turning down everyone else also turns down bosses.

I just directed him towards it yeah, they added it for 9.0.

Turning off projected textures makes some boss/mob aoes invisible. Just something to be aware of.

1 Like

That’s what I’m afraid of. Blizz could try making the settings more granular.

I mean, anything that could murder you needs to be on, always. There’s no reason whatsoever it needs to be hidden behind a setting that sounds like it could boost my performance if I turn it off.

Yes, I’m salty about discovering this. Still.

2 Likes

Op,I can understand where you coming from bro.has problems with flashing and cludder. You can tone the effects and background ground to help out on this matter in the tab interface ,using setting like display,accessiblies and camera. This help weed out some.and if you have problem still in a boss fight macro the boss.

Oh yes,graphic setting keep them on (good )with particle effects ,you still need some.