Special Assignment: Lynx Rescue WQ bugged

not able to complete or participate in this special WQ, text on tooltip says “Complete 0 world quests in Hallowfall to unlock” meaning it should have unlocked after the first 3 I did, then I even did a 4th in Hallowfall and still nothing. have a screen shot of it but don’t know how to embed in these forums

6 Likes

Same exact issue, down to completing a fourth quest. I get a “Special Assignment: Lynx Rescue failed.” message whenever I login.

1 Like

Same cannot access the WQ but completed all 4 WQs in Hallowfall

Same here. Can’t figure out why it’s doing this, relogging and such hasn’t helped.

EDIT: I even tried doing all the campaign quests in that area, but it’s still locked.

Same here as well. my friend I was playing with could do it with no issue tho.

I was having all of the same issues others were having in this thread. I logged out to go shopping and it just worked when I logged back in.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as everyone else. A friend of mine was able to do it fine but I have this strange quest stuck in my quest log for Hallowfall that reads “Special Assignment: Lynx Rescue”.

It says complete but there is no way to turn it in and I can’t abandon it. Every time I log in it gives me “Special Assignment: Lynx Rescue Failed.” in my chat log and plays the failed quest noise.

Put in a support ticket, expecting them to be a bunch of lazy useless moron like always, and was not disappointed with their non-committal bot response that doesn’t solve anything. I am trying to get them to abandon the strange glitched out quest in my log that seems to be causing this issue in my case so at very least maybe I can do 3 more world quests and maybe get it to work this time.

I wonder does anyone else have this odd quest in their quest log?

2 Likes

Came here to add to the chorus. Did three world quests and it’s stuck saying do 0 world quests to unlock.

Edit: Just logged out and logged into a different character and it finally popped.

2 Likes

Same here. Still bugged.

STILL BUGGED. Blizzard, your QA department is forced to have roommates and live in Tustin. The quality shows through in your product. Please resolve. Thank you. Trillion dollar company btw.

I have the same problem. Stuck on Complete 0 WQ’s to unlock.

Same issue. Did the world quests, Special Assignment says “Complete 0 quests to unlock” and I have a quest in my quest log that is completed with no description but an objective to do 3 world quests, which fails every time I log in.

same here, hate this bug

Confirmed. This is the workaround to fix this issue.

Same problem here, the log in another character did not work, when I log back in it says: that the Lynx quest is failed, its on my list with only the first line of text on it

easy fix once I figured it out. You are in a different phase, you have to do the few quests in the area that lead you to a scenario close by then it puts you back in the correct phase and you can finish the quest.

I still have this bug on this week’s Special Assignment. I completed all side stories in the area and did 3 WQs and still says “Complete 0”…

I’m getting this bizarre error as well in Azj-Kahet tonight.

The Special Assignment is “Bombs from Behind”, but after completing a third WQ, I started getting the erroneous message “Special Assignment: A Pound of Cure failed.” The current special assignment shows I need to complete 0 WQ to unlock it, but it’s still locked.

I’ve tried logging out and back in repeatedly, I’ve tried hopping toons, hopping toons on opposite faction, and even restarting the whole client. Nothing works so far.