Spec>>>>>>Class

Ghostblades and Lightslayers are not Ninjas!!!
That’s a complete insult to the Cult of the Forgotten Shadows.

Says while there is literally a talent called secret technique clone no jutsu

Perhaps you’re correct, but it seems to be more of a Noob Saibot Reference than Naruto.

Easy answer. Don’t put the new skills on your bars. Revolutionary I know.

3 Likes

This.
/10char

1 Like

I disagree with you, and I hope you read this, let me explain.

Let me use Warlocks as an example.

What do Warlocks do? They summon demons, they curse their enemies, and they wield destructive chaotic magics.

All three of these things are what make a Warlock, a Warlock. Specs shouldn’t be sacrificing 2 of the 3 core aspects of Warlock. Specs should enhance a specific aspect.

If i’m a Destruction Warlock, I have chosen to focus and enhance my chaotic magics, but why suddenly have I stopped using curses? That makes me an incompetent Warlock.

And you know whats funny? Blizzard agrees. Every Warlock specs big final rotational ability, is a Demon summon. Destro get infernals, Demo get Tyrant, Afflic get eye boy. Even though Demonology is suppose to be the summoner spec.

3 Likes

This, visions are a pain as a caster

2 Likes

Agreed, but as a BM. I want MORE animal related RP elements, it makes no sense for BM to get MM’s spec abilities, and ironically the one ability which WOULD have made sense to make baseline across all Hunter specs (Black arrow; being a “black magic” ability it fits with SV/MM’s Shadow hunter/dark ranger sub-class fantasy and because it’s summoning a pet it fits with BM) was not. Bring back spec and class glyphs, make abilities which make more sense as “baseline” baseline etc; I like some of the stuff in the “unpruning” but what I like is mostly the “new” abilities and some changes to existing ones, not the spec agnostic or useless old abilities they’ve “selected” to bring back, and from forums reading seems that’s a fairly unified consensus.

2 Likes

#removevoidform

I’d rather focus on class fantasy. Blizzard had their shot at spec fantasy for the last two xpacs.

I don’t think there should be any specs, only classes. Remove the specs and make each class fully what the class fantasy is. That leaves a lot of abilities that could be made into other, unique, classes.

Half of the Druid specs got the short end of the stick for covenants.
They’re all absolute garbage for both Guardian and Feral and it’s very concerning.
The covenant abilities were only made for Boomie and Resto in mind.

1 Like

I agree with this. Priest and Shadow Priest should be two different classes, for example.

Yeah my biggest gripe is that the “class not the spec” thing is kind of a facade for unchanged BFA class design that is just splattered over between specs. While the specs themselves just remain the same.

For example, paladin seems to be getting a lot of positive changes, yet most of it is really just splashing things from ret to holy and protection, while ret itself is just a BFA version.

It’s a good idea, but specs themselves still need work.

1 Like

Um didn’t they just about remove spec fantasy over the last two expansions basically? I’d like Glyph of stampede back from pre-Legion for instance, alongside Legion’s version of Black arrow made baseline.

Wouldn’t mind going back to wod’s plague, that way so much fun plus would be bettter at m+

1 Like

Today just wouldn’t be complete without one of your threads Ralph.

totally agree, I would love to also get my passive Vampiric Embrace leech.

#removevoidform please and thank you

1 Like

I didn’t know someone could so consistently be so wrong about everything they’ve ever posted

Heres y if you can nuke the hell out of something with pure destruction summoning a demon or cursing ur target is pointless…

Lets look at archimond he destroyed dalaran by playing in sand so y would he waste time cursing or summoning demons lol with that pure destruction power

As a Dk if I can create a legion of undead as unholy y would I waste energy on frost or blood
Or jaina is a mage but can freeze an entire town so y waste time on arcane and fire lol