Spec with passive talents and good sustain

Hey all. I have some experience with Dragonflight but haven’t reached past the first 2 zones yet. I’m looking for a spec that uses mostly passive talents with a small amount of core skills for simplicity. Also one that has good sustain since I quest solo and hate skipping elite mobs.

I’m thinking warlock or demon hunter but wanted to get some input. Hunter is always good but wanted something more magic-based theme-wise.

Any of the hybrid classes generally have good sustain, but with the patch coming today they are changing hybrid healing a bit. The changes are geared more toward group content than anything so I don’t foresee it changing much for solo questing, but I’m sure it will effect it a bit. Only time will tell though.

Warlock will be fine for soloing anything in the open world. (Especially demonology) DH can feel a bit squishy until it gets gear though. Of course with DH it’s very easy to escape a sticky situation if necessary.

Assuming you want to stick with a dps spec, another couple options with good sustain, a pretty simple core rotation, and are more magic-themed are ret pally and ele shaman.

Sounds good, thank you for the feedback. I think I’ll make a demo lock as it looks like there’s quite a few passive talents and minimal required keybinds. Summoners are always fun to play as well.

Demo will serve you well. Just remember to keep an eye on your Felguard’s health and use health funnel as necessary. Especially if you’re fighting a bigger group or chain pulling. If he goes down you’ll quickly find yourself in a bit of a panic. :wink: