Spec switches for dungeons

I’ve searched and didn’t find anything on this so here it is.
Is it going to be possible to keep dungeons from auto switching my priest to shadow from disc?
I like running damage and right now I’m trying to run as disc priest, but can’t. Tanks don’t wait for their healers to get ready, let alone dmg.

If you queue as dps it will change you to a dps spec since that is what you signed up for.

1 Like

What Avel said.
Its like when people want to tank, but change spec to Fury warr.
Say I’m in there on my Unhoky DK testing something out and rip all the threat for the whole run.
Might not be detrimental, but they signed up to tank, not be a 4th dps.
I support spec auto switching.

2 Likes

Ya, but I see people run as a dps disc priest from time to time. I know the thought is that disc is heal through damage, but still wish blizz would change that.

Like it or not disc is a healer spec, if you queue as dps you should be playing shadow. I know disc cam do dps but it’s about 1/4 the dps of shadow as they’re fundamentally a healer.

1 Like

Not in queued content, that 30k dps is top of the charts.

You’re assuming they were doing 30k. That’s high ilvl optimised gear and play style levels for a disc. A shadow priest as equally geared and played will still do 3 times that much

Gonna queue healer as bear tank hope you don’t mind.

1 Like

Hey a bear can cast regrowth. That counts as a healer right ? You’ll fit right in.

If I tank in the healer role, and redirect aggro damage to me, and then self heal it, technically I’m healing the group.

Can’t wait to see a spriest pull 90k in a heroic dungeon. Most of the time they’re chasing me spamming sw:p

Someone equal gear and skill to your 30k dps disc priest wouldn’t struggle. At all. Just pull the whole place and they would destroy them.

This does not solve the issue of spriest ramp. Disc is bursty and in the 15-20s each thing lives (if that) there’s no time to build void form.

so you are concerned that when you pull whole rooms for this uber geared shadow priest in a heroic dungeon that things will all be dead before they get a chance to ramp? Who cares? It’s all dead anyway?

Not at all. I’m saying disc does better damage than shadow in queued content. Directly opposed to an above commenter saying shadow is higher. Maybe not skip to the end or think I give a single blank about anyone in a heroic dungeon because I just sólo the place while dragging the party around.

I would be happy to bet all my gold I could get a shadow priest to do more damage than any disc priest you can find in any dungeon you choose.

I wish there was an in game escrow for bets. Dam I would be rich.

1 Like

I’ll tank it, they would barely get a chance to stand still. Burst 50-60k with my strikethrough set (not even mentioning the r3 TD cheese). My buddy goes for the bag on a holy priest and tops the meter.

And? If my mate wasn’t over 200k on most pulls (it’s heroic so you are pulling boss to boss) I would be gobsmacked. It’s not even geared since he doesn’t raid on it either.

Yeah, pulling boss to boss means Shadow just spams mind sear and VE when it;s up. Disc only has holy nova.

But I suppose if you want to craft an unrealistic situation then you may get disc to do more damage.