Spec designs you miss

Yeah, I miss my frost tank :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes. Why did rogue lose gouge on Assassination spec?

WotLK Frostfire Spec

https://ibb.co/3vrtpsS

or

https://ibb.co/tx27mxz

1 Like

Okay, my lock is Destro so I didn’t know that.

Yeah, and also the old 2H frost dps form. So much better mechanically. Blood DPS was a ton of fun too

I wish they had kept the original ‘class first’ design. In my opinion, there could have been ways to iterate the classes without pruning.

Cata versions of Sub Rogue, MM Hunter and Frost Mage.

Most well designed versions of those specs in my opinion.

Legion Feral
Frostfire Mage
Unholy Tank

Mists era Demonology Warlock, and Dark Apotheosis in particular. Demonic Fury, Harvest Life, Hellfire, Chaos Wave, turning curses into brief auras, 'twas all such fun. Particularly when a tank decided to drop group and I got to pick up the slack.

1 Like

Legion MW was my jam and the first time i got into healing besides a wotlk resto druid i had but never maxed.

I dislike mw now compared to what it was in legion.

I didnt play cata-wod so idk how it was prior.

1 Like

Mana felt a bit better than focus does, but on the flip side, Aspect of the Viper suuuuucked. I hope the viper dance remains in the trash.

I saw a Demo Lock tank Dark shamans in SoO when it was current. Maybe they were off-tanking though.

Cata Enhance - It was close to what we have now but had more buttons and slightly less downtime. Also Searing Totem and Windfury animation, please bring them back >.>

WoD Combat and UH DK - Combat was fun in that Killing Spree was baseline and the cooldowns on it and Adrenaline Rush were very short.

UH DK was fun because it was more about DoT’s and multistrike which was a very very fun playstyle. It also had more complexity than todays UH.

Cata Arms warrior - It had a couple abilities that weren’t on the gcd. Can’t remember which ones but it was a very fast paced playstyle.

Cata, MoP, WoD Ranged SV Hunter - This spec should have never been removed. Ever. This was the most fun hunter spec to me and now I can never play it again.

2 Likes

Yeah, Discipline as the shield spec was really different. I remember when Atonement first came in it was way underpowered, but as soon as Blizz decided to lean into it, passive healing + proactive prevention was just way too broken to ever balance.

This is part of the reason I want the next class to be Rangers, and for them to have a Light/Holy/Moon spec that takes over the Atonement mechanic so Disc can go back to getting really good shields.

1 Like

I think if they changed disc back to being absorb based healer, you would get nothing but praise. The atonement style has done nothing but damage the spec

WoD clarity of power shadow priest. It felt great to have choice in talent like that, which pretty much redesigns spriest. I wish we still had those kinds of talents to really spice up your play styles. Many felt similar with gladiator warrior. But I always felt shadow priest just felt too much like an afflic lock and this was a fun talent to play with.

1 Like

MoP Destro, MoP Tanks, MoP Resto Druid.

I mean really all of MoP’s class design

2 Likes

Wrath of the LK talent tree’s is what i miss

4 Likes

Its kind of a combination of time periods but Subtlety Rogues had a couple cool abilities I miss:

1. get a power up point for every crit by the party
  2. shadow dance
  3. that cleave ability to hit multiple targets

MoP/WoD BM hunter…I wants muh stampede back!