Spec designs you miss

Do you have any spec designs from previous expansions that you miss?

For me, one of the biggest is the old absorb-heavy design Discipline had prior to it becoming the game’s first DPS-healer spec. It clicked with me really nicely and I did well with it. No healing spec since has replicated that feel, and I don’t enjoy role-juggling.

9 Likes

old demo, mop destro and affic

15 Likes

Bring back Combat

26 Likes

Hunters when they used mana instead of focus. Pretty much stopped playing hunter when that switch happened.

7 Likes

Ranged Survival :stuck_out_tongue:

(Except I actually love MSV too, I kind of want them to return it as a 4th spec so we could choose from either)

16 Likes

Stance dancing

Swapping weapons as a warrior depending on who you face. Seeing a warrior swap to sword and board to time a rogue opener/reset

Mana burn shadow priests

Single target healing pallies

5 Likes

Combat Sword was awesome, I had Blinkstrike w/ Mongoose and everything, and would tear it up in Dungeons just by face-rolling faster than everyone else! :rofl:

I was already pretty bad on my Rogue, I was close to terrible when they removed Combat spec.

1 Like

MoP brewmaster :cry:

5 Likes

I will be a gladiator stance stan until I die. No matter how many times that one guy on the warrior forums says it’s terrible design, I will always want it back.

It was one of the only things I liked about WoD.

8 Likes

Old demo, old survival, WOD spriest with shadow word clarity talent or whatever it was called.

3 Likes

Gladiator Stance. WoD Enhancement.

4 Likes

Feral in Legion, it was clean, easy to use, and effective.

4 Likes

Legion Survival. If they kept that it would totally be my main. The new one is just so… boring.

Tanks in MoP and WoD. Vengeance and Resolve were fun mechanics that allowed tanks to be relatively self sufficient. A good tank could get through most content without a bunch of direct heals. It raised the skill cap of tanking and made each encounter more dynamic and interesting. Now most tanks besides BDK just have to rely on getting healed or as we’ve seen in M+, just kite to avoid damage. I really wish they would bring back tanking from that era of WoW.

5 Likes

Ranged Survival Hunter - MoP specifically, but anything from WotLK up until Legion prepatch.

3 Likes

MoP destro

8.3 havoc
8.3 BM

Tanking in MOP

8.3 prot warrior
8.1 - 8.2 prot warrior

Vanilla / classic frost mage

1 Like

Ranged Survival hunter for sure. Loved the elemental sustained damage hunter theme and instant shots. BM kinda channels similar gameplay, but it feels too pet centric.

Ret paladin from WoD. Mobile mid ranged fighter.

Ranged holy paladin from MoP. None of those melee shenanigans, and AoE healing didn’t feel restrained.

5 Likes

WotLK unholy DK and WotLK combat rogue

Delightful

And WotLK mage

2 Likes

Pretty much every spec from Mists-era, except for maybe DK (which would be Wrath-era).

6 Likes

WotLK mage was pretty great, at least from my time specced as fire, frost, or somewhere in-between (bring back cross-speccing!). That was where Arcane really got its footing as a standalone spec too.