Spec Based Keystone Hero

I posted my post then saw your edited post then I saw your repost.

Why should a player with a lower M+ Score be awarded a prestigious title?

It’s like putting an asterisk against the New England Patriots/football because they played in a historically uncompetitive conference. Sure, playing meta specs is going to have higher scores overall, but that shouldn’t detract from the fact they’re still competing against literally every other great team.

(If I’m misunderstanding something, I apologize. Eyes havent adjusted yet)

1 Like

you’re not understanding my post.

it’s cool though :revolving_hearts:

You need to take the time to actually consider the play experience if this were the case. Asking for your friends to carry your boomie, arcane mage, feral Druid, or Ret pally because nobody wants to play with you so you need to run in a premade and get carried by the meta and getting a title even though you’re running keys 3 levels below what your friends normally play. It’s just weird. It’s such a weird meta game. People think splits in raids are weird and degenerate, but the game devolving into boosting off-meta specs is next level weird.

1 Like

My time has come.

2 Likes

See I dont think it would devolve to that. Thats worse case scenario. Then again I pug everything so I literally couldnt benefit from it or organize it the way you describe.

I saw my first Feral Druid out in the wild two weeks ago in a ToP. It was kind of like seeing a unicorn.

1 Like

We are dozens. Dozens.

2 Likes

I think it would also combat some of the negativity surrounding specs. Some of us for rp, nosatlgic, or time reasons are married to a spec. That doesnt mean we are bad just because we mathematically cant beat out a lock or dk. If we cant get proper balancing let us compete against our actual peers. I dont know about you guys but I also hate it when it’s clear someone rerolled a class just because its meta and are god awful at it, dragging the rest of us down.

I’ve found that the hardest part about playing a “bad” spec is getting into groups. Once you’re actually there and people can see you in action, the community perception actually ironically works in your favor to a degree.

You see, the community tends to know which specs are “bad” but they also tend to overestimate just how bad “bad” is. So once you get into a group and remind them that Feral can indeed pull over 20k on large trash pulls then they get more impressed than they would have otherwise.

When I first made my character, it was right after finishing a WCIII run and I enjoyed the thematics behind the Night Elf Druids. Now it’s my main because it’s my favorite play style - I like energy classes and I like snapshotting. I’m also fairly competitive in the sense that I like being able to put forth the best game that I can. So I intend to do that regardless of what spec I am.

As a result, I play a halfway decent Feral if I do say so myself and while I mostly stick to guild runs due to how difficult it is to secure group invites, you’d be surprised how often at the end of a PuG run people comment about how impressed they were with me and how they didn’t think Feral could do that. Granted I think it’s mostly due to horrendously inaccurate community perception of our capabilities but it’s nice to hear all the same. I’m not going to end up smoking one of the meta specs played by someone who knows what they’re doing or anything, but I can usually outdamage the average FotM reroller.

2 Likes

Uhm
 that’s less than my bear let alone a survival hunter or destro lock.

Feral Druids are fine up to like 20s/21s etc but start to lag behind when you’re pushing hard.

1 Like

A good Survival Hunter or Destro Lock. I was mostly talking about how a well-played Feral will beat an average Destro Lock. The type of Lock you typically see in the 15-19 range.

The high teens space is the space I play in most frequently, largely because I don’t enjoy dungeons that much. My point was less that Feral is an amazing dungeon class and more that the community is unusually surprised when they manage to clear reasonable bars like 20k. For some reason when they hear that Feral is garbage, they expect it to be garbage.

1 Like

At my absolute maximum i can push out 16kish overall. Then a destro lock or survival hunter comes and laughs in my face. Hell some bear tanks can get near that depending on the week. Feels bad man.

I had a priest feeding my bear pi the other day while doing huge pulls with incarn/frenzy up and wearing sleeper it was glorious

Is being in the top .1% of your spec not meaningful? lol. I would say it is even more meaningful to me.

1 Like

same here
i just care about being a top druid
i don’t even look at the overall ladder or how i pair up vs rogues or warriors.

1 Like

No thanks.

Sure, but being in the top 1% of a class no one else plays is not nearly as meaningful as being in the top 1% of a wildly poplar class.

I mean, I was a top guardian Druid back in uldir, on my server at least. That doesn’t mean I’m a great player. It means no ok one else was playing guardian because it sucked.

2 Likes

I mean, yeah, but the current .1% in the region isn’t meaningful to me at all. Congrats, you play a meta spec! I would rather say “Wow, that guy is a REALLY good Frost Death Knight” than say “Cool, that guy swapped to the more powerful class because Blizzard can’t balance to save their lives”

2 Likes

It takes a lot of player skill to be able to shift with the meta. Learning a new class or spec and completely mastering it within a single season is nuts. That’s a god tier player.

1 Like